Fog Creek Software
Discussion Board

business license

where would i need to go to get a business license one?

mark bennett
Saturday, November 15, 2003

Check out your city and state (and possibly county) Web sites. There's a good chance you can do it online. In my case, I was able to get a City of Seattle and State of Washington business license online with about as much effort as it takes to book a flight on Expedia. If you can't do it online, the Web sites should at least tell you where to find the licensing office.

John C.
Saturday, November 15, 2003

There are many jurisdictions where business licenses are not needed for many development sorts of jobs -- where I live you only need a business license if you are recieving customers at your place of business. Internet based and consulting buisnesses do not require a license, though you do need to pay sales tax on retail in state sales, which is a separate thing.

Small Buisness Owner
Saturday, November 15, 2003

Cash job is the name of the game, bro.

Monday, November 17, 2003

*  Recent Topics

*  Fog Creek Home