Fog Creek Software
Discussion Board

good web forum for small biz questions?

I formed an LLC in minnesota last year and lost my only contract last April. I took a full time job in Boston, and now have three side contracts and if I keep up my network, I will keep getting more and more work.  thus I want to move my LLC to boston (right now my contracts are 1099), but I don't know what is involved, especially, how to transfer the EIN. 

anyone reading JoS who knows the answer to this, please feel free to chime in. Otherwise, are there any forums online where I could get an answer to this? I will be contacting a lawyer and an accountant about this, but wanted to be armed with some information beforehand. the last lawyer I used totally ripped me off.


Tuesday, April 29, 2003

I stop by the forums from time to time. They have some good answers but most likely they will advise you to seek a good attorney.

Jake Lambaste
Tuesday, April 29, 2003

Find an accountant first.  Don't look for a firm, look on the outskirts of the city for one who works with small business.  Then ask for a reference and call them.

Accountants  tend to be cheaper and unless something strange happened, they can answer the questions at a minimal price. (or zero if you do your taxes through them)

Mike Gamerland
Tuesday, April 29, 2003

Tuesday, April 29, 2003

Thursday, May 1, 2003

*  Recent Topics

*  Fog Creek Home