Fog Creek Software
Discussion Board

Welcome! and rules

Joel on Software

.NET and Office 2000

My apologies if this is a vague question.

How well does Office 2000 integrate with .NET?  In many of MSDN articles where they link a spreadsheet to a mailing list or such, they always say you need Office XP (and maybe Office 2003, I'm not current with MSDN artiles sadly).  I realize they say you need XP or 2003 sine it's what they used for the example.

However, I use Office 2000.  While I don't forsee any projects on the horizon that would require more than a Access database, the tinkerer in me wonders if anyone has any experience connecting .NET with Office 2000 applications.


Andrew Burton
Thursday, August 19, 2004

You should be able to do it with late binding and COM interop. may be easier, i think it has better late binding support (but may be wrong).

office xp has Primary Interop Assemblies available, and office 2003 ships with them. just don't mix the two together or you'll get strange results (99% of things will work. the other 1% will fail unexpectedly.)

Thursday, August 19, 2004

*  Recent Topics

*  Fog Creek Home