Welcome! and rules
Joel on Software
Welcome to .NET Questions
Joel on Software has some incredibly smart readers. In a couple of years it has grown from nothing to 8 million page views a year. And the quality of the conversation in the discussion groups is second to none.
In that spirit, as a temporary experiment, I've opened .NET Questions - a forum for asking questions, and getting answers, about any aspect of .NET programming.
Here are the ground rules:
* Each topic should be a question about .NET programming.
* Free speech, but stay on topic. Questions which aren't about .NET programming will be deleted by the moderator.
* Replies should be answers to the question. Don't drift into conversations about Microsoft's monopoly or the upcoming Gilmore Girls season premiere. It's very exciting; we all can't WAIT to find out if Rory stays with boring Dean or leaves him for exciting (yet dangerous) Jess, but it doesn't go here.
* There is no FAQ. If you ask a question that has been asked before, that is OK and deliberately allowed. No question is too trivial or too "newbie".
* The answer "RTFM" is a waste of time, but it's OK to link to the answer somewhere else. If you type a URL in this forum with a space before and after, it automatically becomes a working hyperlink.
Thursday, September 19, 2002
Fog Creek Home