Fog Creek Software
Discussion Board

FogBUGZ Documentation

Where does someone find documentation on FoguBUGZ.  My client has just started using it and I want to review documentation but have not been able to find any.

Mark Loew
Tuesday, September 7, 2004

Michael H. Pryor
Tuesday, September 7, 2004

It would make the product much stronger if there were a reference manual provided with it, and made available within the help index page. The current help illustrates typical usage reasonably well, but in an adhoc sort of way. A reference manual would provide one organized place within which to find answers to usage and configuration questions. Making such a reference manual consist of a small number of fairly large pages would make it simple to search.

At present, for example, I have to search through the Fog Creek website for an answer to a question that I know I read about somewhere: What is the syntax used to refer to another case when entering text in a related case?

Most software products have such things. One shouldn't have to search through a discussion group or web site searching for such answers. A reference manual would empower users to find such answers on their own instead of relying on administrators, making everyone a bit happier with the product. Thanks!

Rob Prentice
Friday, November 12, 2004

*  Recent Topics

*  Fog Creek Home