Great, great, great!
I'm so happy to have found CityDesk! Not something I would build very complex or heavily scripted websites with, but for when I need to whip off a site for a non-technical friend or small business, this is going to be perfect.
My favorite aspects of the software:
* Everything in one .mdb--oops, .cty--file. Easy to distribute; no need to explain how to set up build scripts, etc.
* Designer view (or I should say, non-designer view).
* One-click deployment.
* Just a few more additions to CityScript; for example, being able to tell what row number you're on in a loop and do simple operations/conditionals based on that. This is to allow alternating row backgrounds, and for tables that have N cells on each row. (Someone please tell me if there's a workaround!)
* Being able to designate files (on a file by file basis) as only being visible in Design mode. For example, CSS stylesheets are solely a design concern.
* J2EE/.NET integration... just kidding.
Thanks for a great product, Fog Creek!
Wednesday, March 19, 2003
Fog Creek Home