Fog Creek Software
Discussion Board

Knowledge Base
Terry's Tips
Darren's Tips

Suggestion: Provide a simple example site

Over the past few days I've spent some time coming up to speed on CityDesk and I have to say I'm very impressed.  It has just the right mix of features to make it a killer v1 product.  Congratulations.

One suggestion that I would make is to include a simple site as an example that newbies can learn from.  I was able to get most of what I needed  from the help files and this and several of the other sites that have popped up but it would have been a lot easier if I had had an example site to look at while learning.

I would also have been nice to have half a dozen simple templates to choose from both for variety and to learn how to build the different type of templates.

These are nits, of course.  The product does quite a bit really well.

Ben Riga
Monday, February 4, 2002

Perhaps one of you generous developers could a lot of the cool scripts, ideas, etc. that you are pasting on your pages from this forum, incorporate them into a CityDesk site and post is somewhere?

Monday, February 4, 2002

There is some stuff here:

If you see a site you like, you can probably get the publisher to send you the .cty file.

Monday, February 4, 2002

I've posted a simple template at:

Alan Armstrong
Tuesday, February 5, 2002

I wasn't able to find a template at

Ben Riga
Wednesday, February 6, 2002

It's part of the article "ProductMuse Moves to CityDesk".

I'm also preparing two reviews of CityDesk that I'll post soon. One is a pure product review, the other is a SWOT analysis of the CityDesk strategy.

Alan Armstrong
Wednesday, February 6, 2002

*  Recent Topics

*  Fog Creek Home