28    23 P of C in the H B
29    64 S on a C B
30    9 P in S A
31    6 B to an O in C
32    1000 Y in a M
33    15 M on a D M C

Brad Corbin
Wednesday, June 09, 2004

Got a lot of them, ran out of steam toward the end.

1    26 Letters of the Alphabet
2    7 Days of the Week
3    7 Wonders of the World
4    12 Signs of the Zodiac
5    66 Books of the Bible
6    52 Cards in a Poker deck (Without Jokers)
7    13 Stripes in the United States Flag
8    18 H on a G C
9    39 Books of the Old Testament
10    5 T on a F
11    90 Degrees in a Right Angle
12    3 Blind Mice (See How They Run)
13    32 is the Temperature in Degrees Farenheight at which Water Freezes
14    15 P in a R T
15    3 Wheels on a Tricycle ?
16    100 C in a R
17    11 P in a F (S) T
18    12 Months in a Year
19    13=UFS
20    8 Tentacles on a Octapus
21    29 Days in February in a Leap Year
22    27 Books in the New Testament
23    365 Days in a Year
24    13 L in a Baker's Dozen ?
25    52 Weeks in a Year
26    9 Lives of a Cat
27    60 Minutes in a Hour
28    23 P of C in the H B
29    64 S on a C B
30    9 P in S A
31    6 B to an O in C
32    1000 Years in a Millenium
33    15 M on a D M C

Brad Corbin
Wednesday, June 09, 2004

8    18 H on a G C
18 Holes on a Golf Course

10    5 T on a F
5 Toes on a Foot

JHY
Wednesday, June 09, 2004

29    64 Squares on a Chess Board

Brad Corbin
Wednesday, June 09, 2004

34.  4 Comments on this Post

Joey Buttafuoco
Thursday, June 10, 2004

15 Men on a Dead Man's Chest

Emperor Norton
Sunday, June 13, 2004

31. 6 Balls to an Over in Cricket.

Damian Kennedy
Monday, June 14, 2004

11 Players in a football (soccer) team

Mark
Monday, June 14, 2004

13 Loaves in a bakers dozen

Orig Veng
Monday, June 14, 2004

14    15 P in a R T

15 Players in a Rugby Team

Rugby is New Zealands winter national sport. In summer its cricket.

30    9 P in S A

9 Provinces? in South Africa

Damian Kennedy
Tuesday, June 15, 2004

anyone come up w/ 100 C in a R???

janis joplin
Tuesday, June 15, 2004

19 is 13 is unlucky for some....28 is 23 pairs of chromosomes in the human body

janis joplin
Tuesday, June 15, 2004

9 is 39 books of the old testament

janis joplin
Tuesday, June 15, 2004

16    100 C in a R

This is something like 100 Cents in a Ruble/Rupee/Rand

Damian Kennedy
Tuesday, June 15, 2004

thanks!  I am all done!

janis joplin
Tuesday, June 15, 2004

thank u all people but
i managed 19
anyone stuck with similar puzzle??

aanchal
Friday, June 18, 2004

100 cents in a rand is what you are looking for!!

LOLL
Sunday, June 20, 2004

5 t on a f
5 toes on a foot

madmum3
Wednesday, June 23, 2004

What about these ones:-

A) 12 = S we E every NE
B) 18 = A of M in the P
C) 75 = PG in PE

Jim Alexis
Tuesday, June 29, 2004

what about the last one? does anyone know that one?

angie
Tuesday, July 06, 2004

The correct answers to the entire quiz.

0    24 H in a D    24 Hours in a Day
1    26 L of the A    26 letters of the alphabet
2    7 D of the W    7 days of the week
3    7 W of the W    7 Wonders of the World
4    12 S of the Z    12 Signs of the Zodiac
5    66 B of the B    66 Books of the Bible
6    52 C in a P (WJs)    52 Cards in a Pack (Without Jokers)
7    13 S in the USF    13 Stripes in the United States Flag
8    18 H on a G C    18 Holes on A Golf Course
9    39 B of the O T    39 Books of the Old Testament
10    5 T on a F    5 toes on a foot
11    90 D in a R A    90 Degrees in a Right Angle
12    3 B M (S H T R)    3 Blind Mice (See How they Run)
13    32 is the T in D F at which W F    32 Is the Temperature in Degrees fahrenheit at which water freezes
14    15 P in a R T    15 Players in a Rugby Team
15    3 W on a T    3 Wheels on a Tricycle
16    100 C in a R    100 cents in a Rand
17    11 P in a F (S) T    11 Players in a Football (Soccer) Team
18    12 M in a Y    12 Months in a Year
19    13=UFS    13 is unlucky for some
20    8 T on a O    8 Tentacles on a Octopus
21    29 D in F in a L Y    29 Days in February in a Leap Year
22    27 B in the N T    27 Books in the New Testament
23    365 D in a Y    365 Days in a Year
24    13 L in a B D    13 Loaves in a Bakers Dozen
25    52 W in a Y    52 Weeks in a Year
26    9 L of a C    9 lives of a cat
27    60 M in a H    60 Minutes in a Hour
28    23 P of C in the H B    23 Pairs of Chromosomes in the Human Body
29    64 S on a C B    64 Squares on a Chess Board
30    9 P in S A    9 Provinces in South Africa
31    6 B to an O in C    6 Balls to an Over in Cricket
32    1000 Y in a M    1000 Years in a Millenium
33    15 M on a D M C    15 men on a dead mans chest

Reiley
Friday, July 09, 2004

What is meant by "15 men on a dead man's chest "?

Desmond
Monday, July 12, 2004

Its from a musical about Blackbeard. 15 men attempted a mutiny so Blackbeard put them on a chest (a big square wooden thing, not a part of the body), gave them a bottle of rum and sent them off. The song goes "15 men on a dead man's chest, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum." The 15 men landed on an island which is now called Dead Man's Chest island. There is a resort there and you can go there for holidays.

Damian Kennedy
Monday, July 12, 2004

we got all the answers but it took 3 of us, but damn, atleast we heard of 15 men on a dead mans chest...yo yo ho and a bottle rum. .how does one get such an answer if the phrase has no meaning..the chance of putting together this strings of words would be nigh impossible..one tends to think that people only get the answer by peeeking a look then claiming that they figured it out for them themselves, and then fyk up by letting it slip they have no knowledge of what it is or where it comes from..CONFUSED???...we are...HAHAHAH seriously folks, at pirates to your next google search

daboyz
Thursday, July 15, 2004

15 Men on a Dead Man's Chest is from the Novel by Robert Louis Stevenson, Treasure Island

Sandy Shaw
Wednesday, July 21, 2004

What about 59 B in an R ?

Anybody? Don't know the answer myself. Just wondering if anyone else has come across it.

Thanks

j thomas
Friday, July 23, 2004

what is a rand???

SARAH TOM
Monday, August 02, 2004

Thanks guys

Ellie Hymn
Tuesday, August 03, 2004

ok 1, what is a rand? 2, who even plays cricket these days? and 3, whos got enough time on their hands to know off the top of their head how many provences are in South Africa?  jeez

Irked
Tuesday, August 03, 2004

in response to irked....

excuse me, but i believe that you are entirely bitter about not having the intelligence to compete at the MENSA level.  perhaps you should attempt some questions more suited to your intellactualy capacity, i.e. 2+2=4

and I still do play cricket, as do many of my acquaintences.  and I have travelled to South Africa many times, where the local currency is a Rand.

Janet Bloomwood
Tuesday, August 03, 2004

excuuuuse me,
i do believe you need to get off of your high horse ...madam ...and take your superior attitude down a notch....or five, and realize that only missing three does not exclude me from your precious "mensa level".  also, so sorry im not as worldly and traveled as you.  not all of us have the time nor the means in which to galavant around the planet. 
also, it was just a joke and a jab at my own inablitly to finish the last three. so before you get up in arms about nothing, lighten up, do not take everything so seriously, and, for god's sake, laugh a little.

Irked
Tuesday, August 03, 2004

woah there....this is supposed to be fun....

calm down everyone

thanks for all the help people

Luke Brandon
Tuesday, August 03, 2004

i challenge miss irked to a duel....her brain against my own

wondering how i knew you were a woman?  yes, i am THAT smart

name the time and place

Janet Bloomwood
Tuesday, August 03, 2004

wait, are we in the 15th century??? a duel???  way to guess that i was a woman....i guess you really are "THAT smart".....wanna cookie?
but, really, sorry, no time to waist on petty aruguments....thanks for the offer though. like i said.....relax...take a joke...move on....

to the other people:
im sorry you have be witness to such a display of immaturity.  this was really was a fun exercise....sorry it had to come down to this.....

Irked
Tuesday, August 03, 2004

well i suppose i can call you a coward now....not up for a real challenge

i suppose you had to ask a friend how to spell exercise?

good luck with the rest of your sorry life

you started this anyway

Janet Bloomwood
Tuesday, August 03, 2004

well, i suppose you can call me whatever you want....you know what, i have a great deal of better things to do with my life other than aruging, online none the less, with a heinously immature woman such as your self.  better things such as, oh i dont know, gouging my eyes out with "rands"

at least i have friends that i could ask for spelling tips if i so needed.  i suppose you have no friends, otherwise you would have other things to do rather than bicker online.

and to you i say good luck with YOUR sorry life....clearly you need to get out a little more, maybe somewhere other than South Africa, and realize that no one duels anymore....so go find someone else to be on your little mensa dueling game show....

Irked
Tuesday, August 03, 2004

I thought it was a great challenge and since I am a senior citizen I was proud to have come up with many of answers and the rest I shared with my daughter and her family and it gave us much to discuss.  Nice to know my brain is still active.

Lorraine Lorenzen
Tuesday, August 03, 2004

Go girls! Can someone please throw in some mud.

I would just like to note that I am a South African and yes our currency is Rand, we do have 9 provinces and we do play cricket. Actually at this moment we are playing a test against Sri Lanka. (Another country south of India, if you didn't know)

It's been real fun seeing everyone helping to concur the quiz. Well done!

RuanLeon
Wednesday, August 04, 2004

mensa quiz my ass, unless they've started writing quizzes specific for countries.  3 on south africa alone, with 3 more on the bible, does not a true mensa quiz make.  not to mention the problems with grammar (saying "in a team" as opposed to "on a team") and using 'a' before 'Hour' instead of 'an' (not grammar per se if one is using british pronounciation/spelling)

interesting nonetheless.

some douchebag
Thursday, August 05, 2004

Janet Bloomwood: those in glasses houses shouldn't throw stones.

"perhaps you should attempt some questions more suited to your intellactualy capacity, i.e. 2+2" <---  see your mistake this time around? 

and guessing the gender of an individual is a nifty parlor trick, but does not a mensa member make. 

some douchebag
Thursday, August 05, 2004

Touche Ms. Bloomwood

Irked
Monday, August 09, 2004

Got 30 in the first hour couldnt put my sheet down  , next couple of days was muttering numbers and letters to myself like a gibbering fool stuck on 20. 28 and 30 .....got 8 tones  on a octave (20.  8t  on a o) and 8 tentacles on a octopus (they both sound wrong don't they)....a(n) octopus......a(n) octave.....ahhh stuff it then resorted to internet to find out what other answers were.... saw comments and had a good laugh....... entertainment value 100%

Relieved its over
Monday, August 09, 2004

What were the answers to:
      12 = S we E every NE
      18 = A of M in the P
      75 = PG in PE
      59 B in an R

wanting to know
Tuesday, August 10, 2004

if we were going with mispellings, we would also need to fix 27 to "an" hour -- but it was probably overlooked or not found significant by the "geniuses"

mamasta
Wednesday, August 11, 2004

I just came across this quiz in a Building #19 Ad.

I looked at it and laughed. I called up my friend from High School and told him about the ad and the MENSA quiz.

We spent a whole five minutes listing off the answers to each other. The Africa answers are simple for we were taught in Elementary School the continents and their provinces. The Bible answers were simple for the Preist turned Marine that my friend now is. Then 0, 1, 2, 3, 4, 6, 8, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 29, 32, and 33 were listed off by me to him. He then listed off the rest to me.

Unfortunately... we are far from perfect... I for the life of me could not figure out 28. "23 P of C in the H B" - and my friend could only come up with "23 Parribles<sp> of Christ in the Holy Bible" I just sat there on the phone stuttering over the answer... for I know nothing of the bible being raised in the old Celtic ways of Matron, Maiden and Crone.

I ask anyone if this has truth to it. Is there 23 Parribels, or whatever they are (he tells me they are types of stories in the bible) actually in the bible?

Now I know that you all say that the correct answer is the chromosomes in a human body. But the response of my long time friend disturbs me. I need to know the truth of the statement. If anyone has any knowledge of this, I would greatly appreciate the aid.

I know that I am a genius graduating high school at 16, but I also know I am lacking some of the basic intellegence that stems from christianity. I do not mean to rub my intellect in others faces, but merely to say, even the highly intellegent are lacking. I know I lack some common sense and some background in certain areas. I would merely appreciate help with this for I know this passes beyond my limits.

Thank you.

Missy May
Thursday, August 12, 2004

There are more that 23  parables.  They are throughout the New Testament.  There are 10 in Matthew 13 alone.
1. The Sower and the Soils (13:1-9)
2. The Reason for Parables (13:10-17)
3. The Explanation of the Sower (13:18-23)
4. The Tares (13:24-30)
5. The Mustard Seed (13:31-32)
6. The Leaven (13:33)
7. The Hidden Treasure (13:44)
8. The Costly Pearl (13:45-46)
9. The Dragnet (13:47-50)
10. The Householder (13:52)
There is no doubt that your upbringing not necessarily your educational prowse has much to do with this test.  Provinces In SA for a kid from Long Island is a bit of a stretch, let alone the cricket reference.  Could I have known it, sure.  Likley to know, given my surroundings?  Pretty difficult. 

I will say I am insulted by the comments that the only way you could get 15 men on a dead man's chest was by cheating.  Aside from the fact I know the song, it is a Bugs Bunny/ Yosimite Sam reference.  He would sing it while hiding his gold on some island with palm trees and coconuts.  See education can come from anywhere and everywhere.

Dumbest of my Smart Friends

I had just as much fun making up new ones:
1.  100 Y on a F F.
2.  3 O in an I.
3.  9 I in a B G.
4.  88 K on a G P.
5.  9 P in the S S.
6.  5.87849981 × 10^12 M  in a L Y.

StormyKnight

5.87849981 × 10^12 Minutes  in a Light Year?

RuanLeon
Friday, August 13, 2004

Miles  : )

StormyKnight
Friday, August 13, 2004

>>2.  3 O in an I

3 outs in an inning

>>3.  9 I in a B G.

9 innings in a baseball game

JHY
Saturday, August 14, 2004

100 yards ona  football field

Kella
Monday, August 16, 2004

4.  88 K on a G P.

>> 88 keys on a G.... Piano ?

Kella
Monday, August 16, 2004

grand piano

cpetey
Tuesday, August 17, 2004

Even though I only got 16 before I started cheating on it, I still enjoyed the quiz. I will admit that I am nowhere near patient enough to ever be labeled a genius! Rock on smart ones!

Peach
Tuesday, August 17, 2004

Don't sell yourself short, Peach. As much as the Mensa Society types would like the rest of us to believe that such tests as these require "a higher plane of mental faculties", most of it is either common sense or just the variety of information that you were exposed to from birth to the present. I believe everyone has the ability to be a "genius", we either have not been taught how to think at a young age or lack the proper motivation to teach ourselves as adults. If you want something bad enough, you can do it. Rock on, Peach!

StormyKnight
Thursday, August 19, 2004

Hey, I saw this on a forum and I tried my hand at it as I was honestly just bored, like most 16 year olds out there.
I managed 21 on my first try. I guess its not the best  but not bad for a first glance. Thanx for the 10 minutes of cranial stimulation :D

Charlene W. (JA)
Thursday, September 02, 2004

Actually, you obivously don't know baseball...it's 6 outs to an inning.

mensa quiz taker
Tuesday, September 14, 2004

first off, this is hardly a mensa test, as someone already mentioned. everyone i know who took the quiz scored higher than 19, so i guess geniuses are a lot more commonplace than everyone suspected, eh?

i like janet bloomwood's first post in response to irked, when she says:

"perhaps you should attempt some questions more suited to your intellactualy capacity..."

hahahahahahah! she's attempting to make herself sound all smart, and she can't even spell intellectual. people are such poseurs.

any quiz or test will favor those who have had more opportunities to learn the subject matter in question. i personally know very little about south africa, but i'm a genius when it comes to video games, bathroom humor, late 20th century music, etc. :)

i once took this "IQ" test that had all these questions about drug terminology and ebonics and ghetto slang terms, and even with my extensive experience in (sub)urban life and years of listening to rap, i did miserably. i mean, how was i supposed to know what an 8-ball was? i bet some 12-year-old black kid growing up in queens or compton could have doubled my score easy.

here's the bottom line. elite, highbrow intellectual groups like mensa are simply a way for people to feel good about themselves and their "intellactualy [sic]" acuity. mental masturbation if you will.

not that that's entirely bad. we all need our own little self-esteem boosts now and then, but seriously.

Laughing At All of J00!!! U R Teh SUCK!
Wednesday, September 22, 2004

Ina bid to prove something to myself as a mere 20 year old I entered a mensa quiz in a national newspaper.  I was invited to travel to Manchester to take some further tests under exam conditions.  I was told my IQ on two or three different scales.  It is (or was) 153 on the highest one I forget the others (IQ obviously doesn't mean you have a good memory).  I was invited to join Mensa which I did.  I was sent a list of addresses where regular meetings took place.  Not being on the phone at the time and not wishing to be rude and just turn up I wrote to two of the local hosts, introducing myself and asking if it would be ok to attend one of their meetings.  They did not even bother to reply.  A simple no would have been suffice but no reply at all????  Having a high Intelligence Quotient obviously does not necessarily mean you are a nice person.

By the way I did answer the quiz questions, it took a lot longer to enter them in such a way that the spreadsheet would accept them, with the exception of the number of provinces in SA which incidently is a general knowledge question not an itelligence question.  Incidently I found many of the Mensa examination questions were very Eurocentric and the ability to answer many of the questions was dependent upon your Education and how well read you were.

IMHO This quiz was a bit of harmless fun and nothing to beat yourself (or anyone else) up about.
phil

phil
Friday, October 01, 2004

*  Recent Topics

*  Fog Creek Home