Fog Creek Software
Discussion Board

Where's Philo?

Where's Philo. Haven't seen him since a long time. I'm sure he is still posting. I guess he's taken a new avatar on the forum. Any guesses who Philo might be amoungst the new crowd? Or may be he's not posting anymore. May be he's just reading it. Or may just be that he's plain busy and not even reading it. But I find it hard to believe. Philo can't go away from JoS.

Sathyaish Chakravarthy
Friday, September 03, 2004

Who gives a damn? I could never see what the big deal with Philo was anyway.

Regular Poster

Maybe he fell down the cracks between the new forums. Or maybe he just went on his holidays; people are allowed to do that you know.

Nothing special about Philo. Just that he was a regular and I haven't seem him lately for long enough. I even wrote to him some time back in July and he hasn't replied yet. He always used to reply earlier. I just hope everything's fine with him.

Sathyaish Chakravarthy

He's working for apple, supporting a newsgroup that talks about Cocoa development, and how apple won the API war by going unix.

Ogami Itto

Sathyaish, as you claim that Philo is your uncle, surely you should be in a position to locate him ? ;-)

Don't worry though, I'm sure he'll be back (Arnie-style) in due course.

Nemesis

Philo isn't my real uncle. We endeared him by addressing him as Uncle Philo. That's all.

Sathyaish Chakravarthy

He didn't post into his blog quite a time:
http://blogs.msdn.com/philoj/

Yeah, that as well.

Sathyaish Chakravarthy

Last seen two weeks ago with the 'ump, here:
http://discuss.fogcreek.com/joelonsoftware/default.asp?cmd=show&ixPost=177598&ixReplies=23

Whether he did "go back to Usenet", is on holiday or  just changed his nickname I'm afraid I don't know.

a cynic writes...

*  Recent Topics

*  Fog Creek Home