Fog Creek Software
Discussion Board

My 2 cents on the new forums

When things change, it is bad. My first impression of the new forum was that I didn't like it very much. It doesn't look as good, although it's the same to use. But experience has shown me that when forums change, they either die or people get used to them after some time and they don't die. So, I guess I'll get used to it.

But I hate to think of the crowd being broken down. Let's all sign a pact, where will most of us go?

I also have a question. How would you classify a post like "My boss sucks". Would that be the human side of software?

I still observe a lot of crowd on the new JoS, the first of the four new forums. And they're not posting much about the topics discussed on the main site, except that today they are because Joel posted about the new forums on his main page. Let's see if they're going to stick to relevant discussions after today. I am sure we'll see some salad-cream threads on the new JoS forum as well.

And I'm still going to check the old forum so I don't miss anything. Feels horrible. But I guess we'll all get used to it.

Sathyaish Chakravarthy
Friday, September 03, 2004

What new forums??

Bob's Your Uncle

Actually, Philo's my uncle.

;-)

Sathyaish Chakravarthy

*  Recent Topics

*  Fog Creek Home