Fog Creek Software
Discussion Board

Be Safe

To all the Floridians that are in harms way of Frances, be safe.  Leave early.

I'm outta here....headed to Buffalo, NY.  Hope my house is here when I get back.

Yo
Thursday, September 02, 2004

Mmm choice hurricane .. Buffalo .. hurricane .. Buffalo

can't decide....

sgf

yeah...there isn't much choice there...but

Yo

In Buffalo right now, no snow in the forecast until sunday. ;-)

GG

I was in Orlando for Charlie.

It was a little disappointing.  Not one flying cow!

Ged Byrne

Lol .. I flew in from India just after the last one hit, was due to return this Sunday. I got my flight extended for a week yesterday :)

As it turns out, there's actually a ton of work to do to fill the extra week ... but I'm curious to see what this hurricane produces. I've been through tons of snowstorms growing up but this is something different.

jedidjab79

Oh - I'm in Ocala .. one of the places in Florida that always seems to escape anything bad.

jedidjab79

I'm in Tallahassee.  The biggest disappointment here is the probable cancellation of the FSU-Miami football game on Monday.

Ewan's Dad

"escape anything bad."

other than *being* in Florida...

Some don't like it hot

"other than *being* in Florida..."

Once you factor-out the hot weather, bugs, large reptiles, swamps, hurricanes, red necks and senior citizens erratically driving very large cars, it's not such a bad place.

Ewan's Dad

Don't forget British tourists speeding up the wrong side of the 'divided highway.'

Ooops.

Ged Byrne

And in the Orlando area, all manner of tourists seeking a goofy mouse with big ears...

sgf

"Once you factor-out the...."

Not to mention the stupid people that can't figure out how to vote.....

Yo

I'm supposed to be going to Tampa on Tuesday.  Maybe not. :)

Hurricane Man

I just evacuated from the Space Coast (Melbourne area) to Winter Park. It's getting crazy out there...

MT Heart

Ewan's Dad,
    You're right about Ocala, but once you get to the coasts, Florida's really knida nice. I live in Tampa, and ther are not very many Rednecks at all, and it's not tooooo hot...

anomalous

anomalous,

I live in Tallahassee.  Tally Town is much different than much of the rest of the state (the median age is 26).  I've lived in a number of cities in Florida and various places around the U.S., and, to be honest, I really like Tallahassee and most of Florida, including Ocala.  But, the state is populated enough, so I try to do my part to discourage migration to Florida.

Ewan's Dad

*  Recent Topics

*  Fog Creek Home