Fog Creek Software
Discussion Board

Peoplesoft Bug Tracking System

My corporation has chosen to use Peoplesoft's QMS system.
It is a total piece of garbage!!!!

Has anyone else had to use it?

I wish I could use Joel's Fog Buz!!!!!!

UGGGGGGG

Genx'er
Friday, August 27, 2004

Have you submitted the system itself as a bug?

KC
Friday, August 27, 2004

Peoplesoft must have the greatest sales team on the planet (second to Oracle of course). 

By some miracle they have somehow managed to shoehorn their garbage software into every corporation I have dealt with.

Every Peoplesoft experience I've had has left me cursing.  The software is a confusing, convoluted, slow, and just generally a  usability nightmare. 

lumberjack
Friday, August 27, 2004

KC is right.  Everytime you run into a QMS system bug.  Log it as an issue.

Mike
Saturday, August 28, 2004

The same goes for SAP & oracle's applications.  Amazing sales force,  utterly appalling applications.

I guess 'Jack-of-all-trades' applications will always suck as you can't be all things to all people,  but when will CIOs realise that?

Koz

What a joke.  90% of dev. teams can use a shared Excel sheet, or an AccessDB.  Either created by a wizard in 10 mins total.

Bella

I had to implement a few screens in Oracle's Developer2000.  Man, it makes me %$^@%$# angry to even THINK about what a pathetic TRAVEST that GARBAGE was.  That company had a lot fo %$@$# never selling that SH*T to people.

Bella

Wow, that was riddled w/ typos amidst my rage.  LOL

Bella

Bella,

I don't think Excel is much of an option - there is not a nice way to maintain history of each bug. However it is probably about 50% of the bug tracking problem solved.

Access is okay I guess, but 10 minutes is not enough to make a bug tracking program. As with much software the true challenge is the user interface and system design, not the implementation. I suspect most people who read this forum could implement a bug tracking system in their sleep.

That's why for many software development teams is usally worth spending a few hours researching your options and then buying somebody else's work.

I'm currently using Mantis (not by choice) for bug tracking, and there is a prime example of a system that lacks good system design.

IMHO web-based bug tracking is the best way to go.

Herr Herr

*  Recent Topics

*  Fog Creek Home