Fog Creek Software
Discussion Board

MCSD Certification

I am looking to get this certification, my company requires it...  And I have heard of a few sites were you can get the actuall tests and answers from people who have taken it before.  These would have to be free sites, I can't afford the $$ the sites I have been on want for sample test.

Thanks

Cristina DeJ
Thursday, August 19, 2004

FOAD

I worked hard to get my certification, do you think I you to get one if you don't really have the knowledge?

adhd

What it sounds like you are asking for, are some links to "brain dump" sites. Since the tests run $125 each, why not just try one to see what sort of thing you are getting into. I am not a great fan of the practice test sites.

I have an MCSD, and it has meant almost nothing to any employer. Most look for an MCP, which just means you have passed a single test.  If a company is in one of the partner programs, then all the developers need at least an MCP cert.

Peter

"If a company is in one of the partner programs, then all the developers need at least an MCP cert."

Not all, just some token amount. I think last I head it was 3 MCPs, though that was a few years back.

Dennis Forbes

Dennis, my appologies, my boss is under the assumption that every dev needs to be one. My mcsd is the vs6 track, and as the only mcsd in the (4 dev) shop, I am also the only one looking at completing the dotnet track too.

Peter

i'm studying for the MCAD myself. I started by reading Francesco Balena's book (it's huge). I am now going through MSPress self-study guide. And I'm going to start taking Transcenders Test Prep in a week.

You may want to checkout:
http://www.microsoft.com/learning/assessment/

and in general do a google search on MCSD braindump. There are some cheap products out there.

my company pays $500 for each passed test.

Patrick

Does it strike anyone a bit funny that when interviewing and hiring at Microsoft, Microsoft certification never comes up?

hoser

Does it strike anyone a bit funny that when interviewing and hiring at Microsoft, Microsoft certification never comes up?
+++++++++++++++++++++++++

Uh, I think that's because MS hires people way, way up the IT food chain from your average "Get Certified, Make big $$$"  ex-helpdesk VB jockey.

dave

Odd, during my MS interview it *did* come up, and I had to get my MCSE to maintain employment... of course, that's PSS, not Redmond.

Greg Hurlman

*  Recent Topics

*  Fog Creek Home