Who cares!!!

muPPet
Tuesday, August 17, 2004

I hate spaghetti.

hoser
Wednesday, August 18, 2004

I don't know, I was out of town.

This is one of the most amazing threads.

as I recall, pretty good. Check out Fellini's "Roma" for a closer look. Brains, tripe and offal are Roman delicacies as the cheaper cuts were all the urban poor got a look at after 500 years of stable government.

Now lessee, what's Latin for hamburger?

trollop

Having never been to one, I suspect there is a gag clause proposed to the attendants. Makes sense since attending would blow the anonymity of a poster.

I wouldn't fancy a "Hey, that Just me guy turned out to be a 13 year old girl and turned up with her mom, and btw. did you know that Hoser character really works for Microsoft Germany?"

Just me (Sir to you)

Fortunately the Romans avoided the culinary delights of the hamburger.

el

You're a bit young for my tastes Just Me, but your mom is hot.

I remember photos from one of the earlier dinners. It was Joel surrounded by a bunch of teenagers.

Come to think of it, so was that one 2600 meeting I went to in the city, except instead of Joel it was Eric Corley (aka Emmanaul Goldstein), and the teenagers were more likely to have punk T-Shirts and hate Microsoft than button down shirts and love Microsoft.

www.MarkTAW.com

hells bells.

hoser

Actually I once saw a documentary which showed a recipe from ancient rome commonly served by street vendors which was, essentially, a hamburger except it had some kind of vegetable (beans maybe) mixed in.

No french fries though.

name withheld out of cowardice

I went to the last event (in NYC), and I don't think there were any teenagers there.  Actually there were lots of interesting people who were working on neat things.  It was fun.

Kalani

Yes but in Rome?!?!

Come on, talk tech in NY for sure. But in Rome?!?!

Go check out the sights, Athens is just down the road, go say hi to all the highschool jocks you went to school with.

Aussie chick
Thursday, August 19, 2004

IIRC, there were zero teenagers, and no spaghetti.
(By the way, spaghetti are not a Roman speciality. Check gnocchi and Tripe alla romana instead).

Anonymity clause
Thursday, August 19, 2004

*  Recent Topics

*  Fog Creek Home