Fog Creek Software
Discussion Board

Microsoft Commerce Server 2002 pricing

Hi, one of the nicest thing to come out of Microsoft is Commerce Server (or Site Server Commerce Edition for you older geeks), I think it has potential to reduce development time for .Net developers in online stores but also POS systems. However, last time I heard about the per server licensing it sure sound very prohibitive to deploy. Has anyone found any deals as of late? If the price remains astronomical are there C#/.Net friendly alternatives?

Li-fan Chen
Friday, August 13, 2004

Okay I see some pretty reasonable deals on Ebay, hard to say how kosher that is, but they appear to sell licenses of unused software from either companies who either are bankrupted or over-puchased licenses...

Li-fan Chen
Friday, August 13, 2004

>one of the nicest thing to come out of Microsoft is >Commerce Server (or Site Server Commerce Edition for >you older geeks), I think it has potential to reduce >development time for .Net developers in online stores but >also POS systems

What are you smoking?  Have you actually developed a site with Commerce Server?  It's a hodge podge of shit thrown together, including Microsoft's first attempt to integrate .NET with another product...

Sunday, August 15, 2004

*  Recent Topics

*  Fog Creek Home