Fog Creek Software
Discussion Board

How do I Update my system to a new software Releas

Hi ,

Can anyone pls explain/describe to me (generally) the process of updating a system to a new release of software, starting from the update in CD format from the supplier?
This is 3rd party software that runs on Oracle Forms & Database and is used by practitioners on the front line for recording both quantitative and qualitative info. The info from the DB is then used to generate reports for the department management team & National bodies.

Thanks very much for you help.

Grace
Thursday, August 12, 2004

1. Place the CD in your CD drive.

(The setup software should run automatically, if it does not browse the drive and double-click setup.exe)

2. You will now be prompted with the question: "Update 3rd party software that runs on Oracle Forms & Database for ALL practitioners on the front line for recording both quantitative and qualitative info?"

Click "Yes".

chorus

very funny!

Grace

Remove the cup from the cup holder and put the shiny thing in it. Use the footswitch to move the pointer thingy over the square grey rectangles and push the button...

muppet

Hehhe. Poor gal.

Seriously, Grace, what are you looking for? We'll help ... we promise ... but, be specific.

Anon

That bit about click yes... hilarious man...

Install the update on a single user's machine and let that user use it for a week.

The rest really depends on your organization's size/structure and how many users the app has.

shot-in-the-dark

*  Recent Topics

*  Fog Creek Home