Fog Creek Software
Discussion Board

Empower ISV - Termination?

If you are a relatively new Empower ISV member, today (Aug. 12, 2004) you received an e-mail stating that your membership has been terminated (heart attack!).  I had to sit through an hour of some of the loudest wait time music ever and this lady stating, "We are experiencing unusually long wait times..." every 15 seconds to find out that my membership was not terminated (well, it was, but it is going to be unterminated) and that I'm not alone.

On the bright side, Microsoft Regional Service Center employees are really nice people to talk to.  At least the lady I spoke with was very polite, but sounded like it was going to be a stressful day (all likely due to a malformed SQL query somewhere).  Uh, just don't ask the Service Center employees out on a date...that would be weird.

Treant
Thursday, August 12, 2004

Thanks for the update, we got the angina inducing email as well.

Mongo
Thursday, August 12, 2004

I tell you what is engina enducing.

That is being on hold and having the lady say "we are very busy and value your call" over and over and over again.

Hello, I get it. I am on hold. Just let me listen to the music and get to me when you can!

Aussie Chick
Friday, August 13, 2004

"That is being on hold and having the lady say "we are very busy and value your call" over and over and over again."

I just call before bed and set the phone down (assuming it's toll free).

Very satisfying.

<Ok, I've never really done that. But thought about it many times>

Mr.Analogy (ISV owner)
Friday, August 13, 2004

*  Recent Topics

*  Fog Creek Home