Fog Creek Software
Discussion Board

How to link 3D Studio Max and VC++

I have developed some objects in 3D Studio Max. Let me know how to control(say move, rotate,etc) these objects through VC++. I have to rotate or move the objects which are developed in 3D Studio Max version 4.2. through VC++ programming. Please let me know how to do it...

Rajeev
Sunday, August 08, 2004

Please hurry, it is for contract...

Rajeev
Sunday, August 08, 2004

hint: don't tell people to hurry.

Sunday, August 08, 2004

Please rely. Someone.

I am needing this for big American contract that was outsourced to us.  I cannot earn my 3 rupees per day without this information.

Rajeev
Sunday, August 08, 2004

Get thee back under that bridge troll!

KayJay
Sunday, August 08, 2004

"I am needing this for big American contract that was outsourced to us."

Sorry if this sounds harsh, but perhaps you should have checked that you were capable of fulfilling the "big American contract", before accepting it.

I'm sure that there are plenty of unemployed American IT experts who would have no trouble with this. Makes you think, doesn't it...

Nemesis
Monday, August 09, 2004

Nemesis.. you are being trolled

Eric Debois
Monday, August 09, 2004

I realise that, hence my less than helpful reply.

Nemesis
Monday, August 09, 2004

The funny thing is that 3DS has a really nice scripting system that can handle most tasks, and for anything else the C++ interface is comparably simple.  Coming up with a script to translate/rotate/scale some object is something that a high school kid could do.

Kalani
Monday, August 09, 2004

***I realise that, hence my less than helpful reply.***

You don't realize it, because you replied as though the post was legitimate in the first place.  What are you, like fifteen?

muppet
Tuesday, August 10, 2004

"What are you, like fifteen?"

That's even a better reply...

muppet
Tuesday, August 10, 2004

Muppet: FOAD.

Nemesis
Tuesday, August 10, 2004

*  Recent Topics

*  Fog Creek Home