Fog Creek Software
Discussion Board

Not making sense of Mozilla again

Well, I found out that the web interface for the mozilla source code is actually quite nice - it has syntax highlight and it transforms all header files imports as links, so if you want to see them, all you need to to is click on it.

Well, at least that made me realize that the source doesn't contain all the files. I'm sure they're there somewhere, as this is an opensource application, but why can't they ship the source with everything in it's place? It would be oh so nice...

Alardo
Wednesday, August 04, 2004

Why are you asking this here? Mozilla has its own discussion forums (forii?) where you would be 100% of getting knowledgable people answering your questions/commenting. There's a chance the same might happen here, but the chance is less than 100%.

If you get either a tarball or check it out from the public cvs after getting the tarball then you will have everything.

The core services are written in C++, XPCOM, Gecko, etc, etc but the browser as you see it is mostly XUL, JS, XBL and CSS.

To develop most anything using Mozilla you'll be using a combination of those languages/grammars.

Simon Lucy

No name, you are absolutely right.

Alardo

No Name - Latin plural of "forum" is "fora".

Iago

Mozilla's a great program -- been using it every day for over 2 years and can't imagine using anything else.  However, the source code is a horrendous convoluted mess.

>>"the source doesn't contain all the files"

Some files are generated at compile time by the build scripts.

OJ bin Laden

Iago
This is an English medium forum not a Latin one.

Stephen Jones

Is there anybody there?

Simon Lucy

Me.

Alardo

*  Recent Topics

*  Fog Creek Home