Fog Creek Software
Discussion Board

Fog Creek Affiliate Program

Is the Fog Creek Affiliate program still running? http://www.fogcreek.com/Affiliates.html

I can't find the sign up link on the page anywhere.

Matthew Lock
Sunday, July 25, 2004

Joel mentioned a while back that he was rethinking his strategy, and I believe he said he would get rid of the affiliate program, but still honor anyone who was in it already. I think.

www.MarkTAW.com
Sunday, July 25, 2004

But a quick peek at the source code turns up this:

https://shop.fogcreek.com/affiliate/default.asp?pg=pgSignup

www.MarkTAW.com
Sunday, July 25, 2004

man, i receive a lot of javascript errors on that page. oh it's joel quality site, yup

Sunday, July 25, 2004

Wait, someone scrounged a DEAD LINK to a page, and you're bitching because this page that NOBODY IS SUPPOSED TO EVER BE ABLE TO GO TO happens to be broken?

What a flaming asshole you are.

Brad Wilson (dotnetguy.techieswithcats.com)
Sunday, July 25, 2004

The administrative effort wasn't worth the benefit, so we stopped accepting new signups.

Joel Spolsky
Fog Creek Software
Sunday, July 25, 2004

maybe i'm a flaming asshole however it doesn't change my view that on the *live* online order form if I enter the letter A into the quantity field (the "how many" column) then i got a nice error which is clearly that somebody didn't test correctly that page.

and we all know that the owner of this site/forum is somebody who likes to rave about quality.

Sunday, July 25, 2004

>>and we all know that the owner of this site/forum is somebody who likes to rave about quality.

We do? Are you sure you are really thinking about this site? AFAICT Joel raves alot more about the cost/benefit thing.

Eric Debois
Sunday, July 25, 2004

THUS SAYETH THE JOEL.

Wow, I thought he had been abducted by aliens...

KC
Sunday, July 25, 2004

Joel,

it seems that you or somebody at your company fixed that error. At least I do not got that error now.

Probably you don't care but you greatly restored your credibility in my eyes.

Monday, July 26, 2004

And don't we all worry about how we stand in the eyes of someone who can't even bother coming up with a pseudonym?

Trollin, trollin, trollin, keep those dogies rollin'
Monday, July 26, 2004

*  Recent Topics

*  Fog Creek Home