Fog Creek Software
Discussion Board

Need a good Realty Portal

Hi,
I need to develop a real estate portal, but have come across some premade ones on the net, I have got the go-ahead from the supervisor to proceed with the premade ones. Does anyone have any knowledge in this field and give recommendations as to the best realty portal around?. Or is there a forum out there that someone knows of which discuss such topics?.
Any help is much appreicated

Justin J.
Saturday, July 17, 2004

A vendor called Rappatoni provides a fairly common shrink wrapped web portal solution for hosting publicly viewable MLSs. Some large cities host their public MLS sites on it.

I heard a development manager at a web site design company that used to be a client of mine liberally cursing Rappatoni, so they can't be too bad... ;-)

Bored Bystander
Saturday, July 17, 2004

Ok, but if possible, I would prefer the portal to be in php/mysql platform.

Justin J.
Saturday, July 17, 2004

Earthling, who told you of the portals? Who? Tell us where you got this information and you may yet be allowed to live!

Oh wait, you said *realty* portals.

Never mind.

Sliqamut Frgsignad
Saturday, July 17, 2004

Just a side note, I hate the word portal because A) It's about as generic as they come for there are too many definitions out there and B) it seems to be a buzz-word that managers throw around to try and make them sound 21st century-ish.  Portal, what do you mean?  A series of links like Yahoo, a place to post stories and customize content like slashdot?

There is a system called OpenRealty ( http://www.open-realty.org/ ).  I don't think this is a portal, but more of just a real-estate listing system, but who knows, maybe that's what your manager had in mind?  Here's a link to the demo :
http://www.open-realty.org/demo/

The product is Open Source and free.

QTExtender.com
Sunday, July 18, 2004

Justin,

I have an associate who has produced a very nice real eastate "portal", which she'll happily install and customize for reasonable amounts of money.  Contact me via private message and I can put you in touch.

Clay Dowling
Sunday, July 18, 2004

*  Recent Topics

*  Fog Creek Home