Fog Creek Software
Discussion Board

Flint, Michigan readers?

Are there any readers here who are reasonably close to Flint, Michigan?  I ask because I'm trying to put together a Computer Users Support System (CUSS) to let local IT talent swap lies, skills and relevant leads.  Also to give us a chance to come out of our caves on a semi-regular basis and see what it's like to have other people to interact with.

The acronym is silly, but I'm serious about networking.  I'm forced to play the independent game right now, my regular employer lacking work for me, and the afternoons can get a little long with nobody but the cat to talk to.

Clay Dowling
Tuesday, July 13, 2004

I've always been under the impression that 99% of everybody on the internet is from California.

muppet from forums.madebymonkeys.net
Tuesday, July 13, 2004

I like Flint Unified Computer and Knowledge Employee Resource Society.

Yet another anon
Wednesday, July 14, 2004

While I like that acronym, I have kids and so wouldn't be able to put it on a t-shirt that I could wear around the house.

Clay Dowling
Wednesday, July 14, 2004

Doesn't University of Michigan have a branch campus in Flint? You might find some interested folks there.

Tom H
Wednesday, July 14, 2004

West Michigan.  Grand Rapids / KZ / Holland / Ish.

www.xndev.com
Wednesday, July 14, 2004

Auburn Hills.  I'd be interested in participating. :)

Ian Olsen
Wednesday, July 14, 2004

I didn't realize there was anyone left in Flint.  Must be just a handful, hanging out at Angelo's all day, waiting for GM to come back and re-start the factories.

Not going to happen ...

Mitch & Murray (from Downtown)
Wednesday, July 14, 2004

Flint is just a few exits on I-75 to distract us from our real purpose: going up north for the weekend.

Dave
Wednesday, July 14, 2004

I think you might have difficulty finding anybody at Angelos waiting for GM to come back.  Buick City, the factory around the corner, is currently a pile of rubble.

As for the distraction while heading north, it's more of a cautionary tale to remind you of why you go north.

Clay Dowling
Wednesday, July 14, 2004

*  Recent Topics

*  Fog Creek Home