Fog Creek Software
Discussion Board

Forming the Best Team

Are there any suggested venues to recruit an A-Team of 4-5 developers to work on the development of an exciting, patent-pending programming environment (OOP + RDB + x)

We are in the Boston area.

JST
Monday, July 12, 2004

Sure hire me.

Seriously though, there are *NUMEROUS* discussions of hiring practices and the strengths and weaknesses of each method.

Use google.

KC
Monday, July 12, 2004

Work the phones and take your time.

<sigh/>
Monday, July 12, 2004

Hire a B-Team and train them to be an A-Team.

Kyralessa
Monday, July 12, 2004

I'd look in the Los Angeles underground for a crack commando unit that has recently escaped from a maximum security stockade, where they were imprisoned by a military court for a crime they didn't commit.

Somebody had to say it
Monday, July 12, 2004

I pity the fool that tries to find an A-team in Boston.

Mr T
Monday, July 12, 2004

best.  thread.  EVAR.

muppet from forums.madebymonkeys.net
Monday, July 12, 2004

Your post is a red flag to avoid your team

Tom Vu
Monday, July 12, 2004

Hey Tom, button your lip, sucka! My team can code helluva fast.

Mr T
Monday, July 12, 2004

JST, be sure to say that "employees will not receive compensation until we receive VC funding, but at that time they will be highly rewarded" without specifying what "highly rewarded" means, then post on the MIT jobs board, and I'm sure you'll find a ton of candidates willing to work on your program for free.

Cubist
Monday, July 12, 2004

Don't bother trying to hire an entire A-Team. Just hire a B-Team and Mr. T. Have Mr. T as the project manager, he should be scary enough that you'll see results.

Tuesday, July 13, 2004

Get with the program, hire Elton John instead:

http://www.platinum-celebs.com/music/news/012511.html

He's got way more bling than Mr. T.

www.MarkTAW.com
Tuesday, July 13, 2004

Bangalore?

Kobi
Tuesday, July 13, 2004

Mr. J may have more bling than Mr. T but he has less ph34r factor. I suppose he could hold his glasses up to the sun and give you a nasty burn.

Tuesday, July 13, 2004

*  Recent Topics

*  Fog Creek Home