Fog Creek Software
Discussion Board

class dia conventions for non object oriented sys

I am designing an object oriented model for a new system, which is connected with an existing non object oriented system.  Some tables from old system are replicated in new system.

Query is how to show these tables in to class diagram.

I created classes for these replicated tables but how represent the actual original tables into class diagram. I cannot show these tables as classes as old system is not object oriented system and can’t show table symbol in class diagram as tables are the part of ERD not of class model.

What terminology/symbol should be used.

Hemang
Sunday, July 11, 2004

Quit stealing our fucking jobs, you no talent Indian hack.

muppet from forums.madebymonkeys.net
Sunday, July 11, 2004

Please help these Indians perform their jobs, they are only working for $8 an hour and must complete their tasks for the American companies who hired them.

Babu
Sunday, July 11, 2004

Lets get ready to ruuuuuummmmmmmmmbbbbbbbbllllllllllle!

anon-y-mous cow-ard
Sunday, July 11, 2004

I have no opinion on this question, but you do realize that Indians do read this board, right Muppet? It would annoy me for people from the former Soviet nations to call some posters illiterate American hacks. Even if it wasn't directed at me personally, but at someone asking a genuinely bad question.

Maybe your post was sarcastic about the old job-stealing rhetoric, I don't know. But not everyone picks up on that.

Tayssir John Gabbour
Monday, July 12, 2004

see.. the problem I have is this, and it´s not the most politically correct thing perhaps, but here it is anyway:

These Indian folks have their jobs largely due to the loss of IT jobs here in the US, through no fault of their own perhaps, but there it is. Now, some of these folks come to forums used predominately by US IT professionals, and want us to help them with fundamental coding issues that they should have nailed down LONG before they even DREAM of programming professionally. This to me seems a bit off. "Hey sorry I stole your job. Can you help me keep it since I´m incompetent?"

Monday, July 12, 2004

muppet

When YOU are ready to admit that the IT market situation in the US is YOUR fault then YOU'LL be in a position to say he STOLE your job. It's ludicrous.

Not Me
Monday, July 12, 2004

LOL, yes.  I made the corporations rise to where they are on the backs of their employees, and I made the social climate in the US what it is, and I made every last corporate entity run by committee worship none but the almighty dollar.

Wow.. I get around.

Monday, July 12, 2004

and he stole your job.

See, ludicrous isn't it. :)

Not Me
Monday, July 12, 2004

and let's remove the outsourcing issue entirely, and look at it from a level playing field perspective.

Person A has only a rudimentary understanding of programming, lacking even basic skills.

A goes on to post on various message boards where very experienced developers (B) are known to frequent.

A then goes on to ask endless questions about very basic issues, essentially asking aforementioned experienced developers to do their job for them (programming includes a GOOD DEAL of research, in fact, it's more research than code writing).

Regardless of nationalities of A or B, why should anyone be expected to do these folks' jobs for them?  Questions which get posted here are (generally) tricky, or obscure, or at least intermediate to advanced in nature.  Why should I need to first try and translate someone's insanely vague question and come up with some sort of something approaching an answer, when they haven't even taken the time to do enough research to allow them to ask an intelligent, well defined question?

Monday, July 12, 2004

You really should remember to take your medication every day.

Nilendu Rahaj
Monday, July 12, 2004

Now tell me something I don't know, Muppet. ;)

I'm sure there's some justification behind the rudeness. I vaguely recall that people were rude to you for the amount of 1-liners you post here. But does that justify turning off smart Indians or others just because you've got some small justification?

If you think someone's question is obvious, tell them so. Not bullshit like, "Quit stealing our fucking jobs, you no talent Indian hack."

Anyway, I'm sick of this meta talk. 'nite.

Tayssir John Gabbour
Monday, July 12, 2004

muppet

You've described just about every technical BB, MB or NG that I've ever visited. The questions are pretty much the same, there's usually some-one who has this rant and in the end the asker 'usually' looses ~ sometimes the question gets answered, every-one has a pint and goes home happy. This one looks like a "Not this time, sorry." but then I'd avoid asking a tech question here, simply because of the fluid OT nature of this board - that IMO, was henangs only 'real' mistake.

Not Me
Monday, July 12, 2004

Sorry, Hemang not henang. My apologies.

Not Me
Monday, July 12, 2004

People always ask simple questions.  Answering their questions without compensation is your idiot problem. When you do that, you just helped that guy/girl get past something s/he couldn't, effectively doing part of his/her job for free.  So, you just gave someone free work that you should have been paid for.  If you want me to draw some diagram, it's $1 per square inch! Why is it worth that?  Because I have a BA and years of practice with aesthetically pleasing images, drawings, and graphics, that's why.  Of course, you can get cheaper work, but then the results are cheaper too.

sir_flexalot
Monday, July 12, 2004

Oh, don't be so modest.

"Answering their questions without compensation is your idiot problem." Your sense of community is astounding. Do you *see* an answer of any sort here? You propose a ban on all NG MB question/answers? You "pay-me of every iota of drivel that escapes my lips" wankers just slay me.

Where exactly did you get the impression that the question asked was work related? Could be a some-one trying to learn.

Not Me
Monday, July 12, 2004

first of all, i'm not a "pay me for everything I say" wanker.  You're no slower to jump to conclusions than you make me out to be by calling me that.  I am more than happy to actually help people learn how to do things.  However, there is a big difference between helping someone learn how to do something, and just giving them the answer.  You can give out fish if you want; i'll charge for the fish but teach fishing for free, how's that?

sir_flexalot
Monday, July 12, 2004

It's excellent, I couldn't agree more. Please accept my apologies for jumping to conclusion and including you where you don't obviously belong. I failed to read enough into your post.

Not Me
Monday, July 12, 2004

In retrospect, perhaps it was the "your idiot problem" that threw me - suckered again.

Not Me
Monday, July 12, 2004

did i say "idiot problem"? I meant "problem".  I must have fallen prey to that horrible disease, TOT (temporary online Tourette's).  We all get it sometime, i guess!

sir_flexalot
Monday, July 12, 2004

Incidentally, I don't want to post on this board with the feeling that I hammered you, Muppet, I mean it's not like I haven't ever said anything I didn't regret.

Last OT post for me... I hope.

Tayssir John Gabbour
Monday, July 12, 2004

*  Recent Topics

*  Fog Creek Home