Fog Creek Software
Discussion Board

Soho CRM with callerID?

Hi,

Could someone recommend a small CRM software for Windows that would offer...

- LAN-aware caller ID as provided by a POTS phone line (ie. when a call comes in, a window should pop up on all the hosts on the LAN that are running the CRM or some reduced version thereof)

- contact management, including call history and notes (eg. who works there, their computer setup, etc.)

- running as dedicated applications instead of web-based

- whatever additional feature you think a SOHO setup could use

I know about Maximizer and Act, but they seem too feature-rich for a SOHO environment.

Thx for any tip

Fred
Friday, July 09, 2004

SOHO?

I don't get it.

Is this "Single Occupant Home Office"?

KC
Friday, July 09, 2004

SMALL Office / Home Office.

x
Friday, July 09, 2004

MS has a CRM add-in for Outlook, but I haven't played with it at all.

Philo

Philo
Friday, July 09, 2004

Thx, but I'd rather an independent dedicated app, as we haven't standardized on the mail client.

Fred
Friday, July 09, 2004

MS CRM competes with SalesLogix and GoldMine.  It's not intended for the small office user (or the faint of heart, for that matter).

ACT is feature rich, but I think it's exactly what you're looking for.  I can't think of another CRM app that is more targeted to individual or small office users than that.

Joe
Saturday, July 10, 2004

Unless Philo meant some Outlook CRM add-in from MS that is separate from the actual full-blown MS-CRM product (which does offer Outlook integration). =)

Joe
Saturday, July 10, 2004

Thx for the tip. Since googling around didn't return much, I'll give Act a go. Hopefully I won't get lost in all its features.

Fred
Saturday, July 10, 2004

Joe- yep, that was it. :-)

Philo

Philo
Sunday, July 11, 2004

Yuck,

You sound like a typical customer I have to deal with that knows it all, wants it all, and has zero budget.

ick

eeew
Monday, July 12, 2004

*  Recent Topics

*  Fog Creek Home