Fog Creek Software
Discussion Board

New innovative software development business

Hi folks!

I am Yuriy Glagovskiy of Des Moines, Iowa. I have BS degree in Computer Science and studying towards Maste's degree in Mathematical Statistics now.

I am trying to start up custom artificial intelligence software development business but can not find clients. I developed sample application to demonstrate my skills in adition to work experience but that doesn't help out. So, far I got several people interested but they offer to work for free on joint projects and get paid afterwards without singing any legal documents. 

Can anybody give me an advice how to search for real clients?

If you need more information you can visit my web site at

http://lamar.colostate.edu/~yuriygl/software/

Sincerely,
                      Yuriy Glagovskiy

Yuriy Glagovskiy
Wednesday, July 07, 2004

Don't make a product first, then hope to find customers. First find out what your market needs, then make the product.

Bob
Wednesday, July 07, 2004

Why is your business web site hosted at Colorado State?

Why does your business web site suck?

Why do you call it "www.remotegoal.com" when that's not your domain? That domain isn't even registered. I think I'll go register it for myself right now.

And what the hell is "Sexual Beauty Estimator 1.0?"

Wednesday, July 07, 2004

You forgot to ask what key one sings legal documents in?

And can you dance to it?

Steve Barbour
Wednesday, July 07, 2004

1 product + 0 client = 0 futiure

moseswhitecotton
Wednesday, July 07, 2004

Yuriy, would you hire yourself if you saw your web site?

lol
Wednesday, July 07, 2004

Spam, spam, spam.  Don't feed the troll.  Talk to the hand.

NoName
Wednesday, July 07, 2004

"We are a new software company specializing in application of artificial intelligence applications to custom bussiness needs. We use offshore programming to reduce development costs. 

Our applications range from Adaptive Training Software to Physical Attraction Test for dating sites.  Please, see our products section to look at examples of products we can develop."

We use offshore programming to reduce development costs.  ????

You Bastard!!!!!

Gen'xer
Wednesday, July 07, 2004

I would look at your web page, but it's IE-specific, so I cannot.

I use IE here (at work) for internal sites and Windows Update only.

KC
Wednesday, July 07, 2004

To echo a few of the things other people have noted:

Running your business site on a University webserver gives me pause.

Your website being an abomination that comes close to making my eyes bleed gives me more pause.

But the real problem you'll face is that here in the USA, "AI" is essentially a dirty word, due to all of the hype & promise of the late 80s and early 90s that resulted in... pretty much nothing but tons of lost investment capital.

If you claim to have anything to do with "AI" you better have a damn useful, currently-implemented product that people can see or use, or they will not take you seriously.

Mr. Fancypants
Wednesday, July 07, 2004

No offence buster, but you could certainly do with running a spell checker over the content of your web site.

One other thing - specifically what is it that you're offering? From looking at your site I still have absolutely no idea...

TheGeezer
Wednesday, July 07, 2004

I agree the website is awful, but not just awful-looking.  In the first page alone (1 paragraph and 2 sentences) there's probably 20 grammar and spelling mistakes. 

And you spend most of it denouncing the evils that modern technology has brought on the business world, but then claim you can use that same technology to make life better...huh?

Disregarding whether or not the underlying business concept is sound, this project lacks a very key ingredient: Professionalism.

Joe
Wednesday, July 07, 2004

Unfortunately, in its present form, this guy's web site looks like a broad ethnic parody site. It almost reeks heavy Russian accent.

(Original poster: I just mean, a business site shouldn't make people laugh - especially AT you. Ouch.)

Bored Bystander
Wednesday, July 07, 2004

You know what a good and probably selling product would be?

Software that could take an scanned image of lets say Jesus last supper and reconize: This is a man, this is a woman, this is a glas, this is a bottle.

Not saying that the software should also label them but just reconize which pixels belong to a certain object.

somemorone
Wednesday, July 07, 2004

Yuriy, get in touch with In-Q-Tel, which is an independent  "company" run by the CIA that funds small startups with promising new technology. They're especially big on AI stuff having to do with sorting information, and pattern recognition.

Ron
Wednesday, July 07, 2004

"Business search for clients and partners in Internet becomes a normal phenomena."

"Our company tries to address these chalanges utilizing modern high technology to make life of our customers easier."

So if your company is centered around helping businesses find clients, why can't yours find any?

In the remote chance that you are serious, check out:

http://www.digenetics.com/
http://www.digenetics.com/company/about.htm

These guys do AI & actually have the pedigrees to back it up. Their website sucks too, but not nearly as bad as yours. I would probably hire these people if I had a problem I thought could be solved by AI.

www.MarkTAW.com
Thursday, July 08, 2004

Yes, search for business with well lined pocket become norm as internet clog with scam. Seek affluent business to commission development of super AI system.

Send customer list promptly so that development of custom solution allow many moneys. 

Berlitz school next stop to provide support with article and tense.

Russian with no business skillz
Thursday, July 08, 2004

*  Recent Topics

*  Fog Creek Home