Fog Creek Software
Discussion Board

Canadian Companies

I currently live in New York City and work as a senior programmer in the financial sector. I’m considering a move to Canada. Toronto, to be precise.

In your opinion, what are some of the cool, interesting or exciting companies to work for in Toronto?

At this point, I have very few restrictions on the type of company. I’m building my “long list” and will prune later. I’ll take names of startups, established companies, large or small, in various industries (Internet, biotech, telecommunications, finance) whatever…

Job Hunting
Monday, July 05, 2004

There's a type in my email address in the previous message (your mail with bounce), so if you want to send me private email, please us this message's email link.

Job Hunting
Monday, July 05, 2004

Typo

Job Hunting
Monday, July 05, 2004

Oh goodness. I think I did it three times in a row! Please us this message's link.

Job Hunting
Monday, July 05, 2004

Ok. It was never wrong. It's just that the email address edit box in this forum has a short hight, which causes the "g" in my gmail address to look like a "q".

Job Hunting
Monday, July 05, 2004

Do you do perl, if so I have seen a few in Canada at http://jobs.perl.org

Matthew Lock
Monday, July 05, 2004

The two big job boards for Toronto may be monster.ca and workopolis.com

Christopher Wells
Monday, July 05, 2004

You're asking the wrong question. This forum can do much better than that. Ask us ehat is the best strategy to move from NY to Totonto, horror histories, advice, and give more info about you. If you have family or not, why Totonto, which development you do, et al.

Mauricio Macedo
Monday, July 05, 2004

"Totonto" - hometown of the Lone Ranger's sidekick?

sgf
Monday, July 05, 2004

Hi,

When searching for a job in Toronto, make sure you include surrounding towns and cities (part of the GTA- Greater Toronto Area), e.g. Markham, which has loads of tech companies.

When searching on a job board such as Workopolis or Monster.ca a search for "Toronto" should yield results from the entire area.

You may also want to take into consideration where you would live as well, namely, how big of a commute will you have.

Avrom Finkelstein
Monday, July 05, 2004

check out tor.jobs as well.  despite the name, its mostly programming jobs.

for someone of your background, i'd highly recommend goin' with a bunch of agencies.  the exchange rate and the different supply/demand scale for skills here will make it difficult for you to negotiate a fair salary on your own...

Ken
Wednesday, July 07, 2004

For a few hundred C$ you could get http://www.scottsinfo.com/htmlpages/select/default.asp#Scott’s%20Greater%20Toronto%20Business

Christopher Wells
Wednesday, July 07, 2004

*  Recent Topics

*  Fog Creek Home