Fog Creek Software
Discussion Board

FireFox is NOT Broken

Tools -> Options -> Advanced -> Browsing Options -> Hide Tab Bar When Only 1 Website Is Open.

Deselect it and you always get the tab bar. Why don't people look at the preferences before they complain?

blah blah blah
Friday, July 02, 2004

The google bar extension is broken though.

It can't seem to remember the search words as I switch between tabs for some reason.

Wayne
Friday, July 02, 2004

"It can't seem to remember the search words as I switch between tabs for some reason."

yeah well, it still beats the hell out of the tabs in IE

Flax, oil, corn, computer programmers - all commodities
Friday, July 02, 2004

Hehe, that it does.

However, it would be really really nice if this worked right.

Anyone else get this behavior?

Wayne
Friday, July 02, 2004

Nope, I still have an outstanding bug on Livejournal and Firefox 0.9x though.

Simon Lucy
Saturday, July 03, 2004

The built-in search box, or the Google Bar extension? Because the built-in search box (which searches Google, if you'd like) remembers my search terms across tabs.

Brad Wilson (dotnetguy.techieswithcats.com)
Saturday, July 03, 2004

The extension.

Wayne
Saturday, July 03, 2004

Yeah, that Google bar extension is hosed.  And Firefox doesn't block popups nearly as well as IE + Google bar.

Ethan Herdrick
Saturday, July 03, 2004

Firefox does a 100% job at blocking popups. Sports analogies about giving 110% aside, how could IE + Google Bar be MORE effective than 100%?

Brad Wilson (dotnetguy.techieswithcats.com)
Saturday, July 03, 2004

This may just be a setting I can't find, but is there a way to have more than 2 simultaneous downloads?  IE seems to handle as many as you'd like up to your available bandwidth.  Example - my cable modem connection has about 300K+ bandwidth.  With IE I could have 4 files downloading all at about 75K, but with FireFox I can only get 2 going at around 150K.

No that big a deal, just a convenience thing that I got used to doing with IE and want to do the same with FireFox.

Tad
Tuesday, July 06, 2004

One of the biggest bug I've noticed is whenever I click on some link, the page would sometimes leap around, and only if I click it again in that new location, it'll work.

Weird.

T.J.
Tuesday, July 06, 2004

*  Recent Topics

*  Fog Creek Home