Fog Creek Software
Discussion Board

DNS WMI Provider

Does anyone know where I can get a copy of the files needed to install the DNS WMI Provider for Windows 2000? 

MSDN has a section at http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/dns/dns/installing_the_provider.asp giving a link to a microsoft FTP site.  Unfortunately, the link is dead.

The page also suggest looking in the Windows 2000 resource kit.  However, its not there either.  After a bit of googling, it looks like its in the Windows 2000 resource kit supplement 1, which doesn't look to be available for free.

Everything else I've found through Google states to download the files at the same dead link.  Its probably a long shot, but I'm hoping someone out there has a copy of the files I'm searching for or a lead to working link.

mike
Thursday, July 01, 2004

I just tried it and the link (to the dnsprov.zip file) worked for me. It may have been temporarily offline.

Philip Dickerson
Thursday, July 01, 2004

Yeah, it looks like its available now.  Thanks for checking the link and letting me know.

I spent a few hours at work periodically trying to download this file.  I figured it was a client side problem.  But when I hit the snag at home, I assumed it must of been a broken link and began the frantic search for an alternative source, never looking back.

mike
Thursday, July 01, 2004

*  Recent Topics

*  Fog Creek Home