Fog Creek Software
Discussion Board

Help using odbcconf

I am trying to create a few data sources using the odbcconf command through a cmd line, however there is no documentation on this anywhere.  Therefore I am having trouble making it as specific as I want.  This is what I have so far:
odbcconf configsysdsn "Microsoft Text Driver (*.txt; *.csv)" "DSN=test1|description=yada yada|defaultdir=C:\temp"
This successfully creates the test1 data source, but I would like more of the attributes to be filled in.  Specifically, what I would like to do is select the correct table in the define format button by using odbcconf, and maybe adjust some of the other fields in there.
I would also like to set up a datasource from a Driver called "iSeries Access ODBC Driver" but if I follow the same steps as I did with the Text Driver I get this message:

ERROR EXECUTING ACTION
CONFIGSYSDSN: Unable to create a data source for the 'iSeries Access ODBC Driver' driver: Request failed

Any help would be greatly appreciated, or if anyone knows of a list of attributes that can be used with the odbcconf command, other than the useless one that pops up when you type odbcconf /?

Thanks in advance

Adam
Wednesday, June 30, 2004

Apparently ODBCConfig is terra-incognito.  I usually set up ODBC connections using the System, Admin, ODBC administrator.  I wish you luck though.

AllanL5
Wednesday, June 30, 2004

*  Recent Topics

*  Fog Creek Home