Fog Creek Software
Discussion Board

Maps and Multiple Destinations

Is there any service available (i.e. like mapquest) that you can put in Multiple Destinations to generate a map.  An over the counter/CD solution would be fine too.  I want to be able to do 2 things:

1) From point A show me Points B,C,D (and directions to each from A) Plus an overview- Point A with surrounding destinations so it is easy to see there proximity to each other.

2) I want to go from point A to point B but I want to go thru C, D and E along the way. 

I realize I can do this manually but it is pretty tedious with mapquest and I would like to keep adding changing destinations and mid points easily.

Thanks
Mike

MikeG
Thursday, June 24, 2004

Microsoft has an application called Streets and Trips that does this.  It's really very good.

Almost Anonymous
Thursday, June 24, 2004

There's also Streets and Trips' Office-integrated sister product, MapPoint (yes, you install it - not the website) that is also quite good.

Greg Hurlman
Thursday, June 24, 2004

Maybe this, we used one of their products a few years ago, it worked okay:

http://www.delorme.com/

Tom H
Thursday, June 24, 2004

I'll second the praise for MS Streets & Trips.  You can even download construction updates from the web.  Occasionally you need to help it find the best route because you know of certain traffic conditions (e.g., I-84 to I-684 from Hartford to NYC is always faster than I-91 to I-95) but it's a snap because you can drag and drop the route to create a new waypoint.

Jeremy
Thursday, June 24, 2004

This reminds me, MSDN subscribers now get a free subscription to Mappoint.

Simon Lucy
Friday, June 25, 2004

*  Recent Topics

*  Fog Creek Home