Fog Creek Software
Discussion Board

firefox - grrhh

Stylesheets loads later, font style changes after I start read an article. Grrhh.

I don't have a printer installed. Print preview. I receive an error. Goes to print preview mode anyway. When I hit Close nothing happens. Grrhh.

They reprogram the dropdown list box control. Slow as hell. Especially under Fonts & Colors. Grrhh.

google.co.hu, hungarian characters do not show up correctly. google.com, hungarian characters are ok. Grrhh.

Some of the sites are completely unreadable. Eg http://prohardver.hu/index.html. Grrhh.

Slow image rendering. Grrhh.

Miguel de Icaza's activity page looks ugly. Grrhh.

Monday, June 21, 2004

Time to get a rabies shot, bro

Monday, June 21, 2004

That's the beauty of open-source projects, you can just fix the problems you find yourself.

pickle
Monday, June 21, 2004

...in all your spare time.

So don't complain.  You bastard.

muppet is now from madebymonkeys.net
Monday, June 21, 2004

Miguel de Icaza - couldn't even get his norton command clone right.
Midnight commander sux.

He never finishes a program - at some stages it is dropped and he goes over to the next one.

Michael Moser
Monday, June 21, 2004

Is someone paying to finish things? It's not fun to do the last 10%, so it's not surprising that someone doesn't do it unless they are being paid to produce commercial software.

MilesArcher
Monday, June 21, 2004

Nokia is paying to get Firefox smartphone ready.
  http://news.com.com/Nokia+cash+boosts+Mozilla/2100-7344_3-5236730.html   

Martin A. Boegelund
Monday, June 21, 2004

Why are you trying to print if you don't have a printer set up?

Katie Lucas
Tuesday, June 22, 2004

"Why are you trying to print if you don't have a printer set up?"

it's called basic testing to see if the software is worth to use it

Tuesday, June 22, 2004

I use firefox as my main browser in Wndows XP and sometimes in OS X, but Safari is my default there. I haven't seen any of the issues you are describing. I would suggest you completely remove your Firefox directory and reinstall firefox, sometimes previous version files will cause wierd issues.

Keith
Wednesday, June 23, 2004

it's a beta product so stop complaining and fill out a bug form instead.

Espen Antonsen
Wednesday, June 23, 2004

+++it's a beta product so stop complaining and fill out a bug form instead. +++

It's a beta product that's held up by many in forums all over the internet to be the be-all end-all of browsers, and the single best browser on the market.  An IE killer.  Clearly, it's not (yet).  Therefore, bringing the issues with Firefox to light (in places other than the bug tracker which is a relatively narrow audience) is perfectly legitimate.

muppet is now from madebymonkeys.net
Wednesday, June 23, 2004

Just checked prohardware.hu and it renders exactly like in IE, and the hungarian characters are ok. What's your problem?

Szász Attila
Thursday, June 24, 2004

I was searching for firefox discussions and found this one. I like it--faster loading than mozilla, not the target for hijacks that IE is, popups blocked, etc.  Generally works OK--but I get a lot of "*******.com" not found messages.  For common and uncommon sites (yahoo, for instance, sometimes can't be found).  This started after I installed Firefox--doesn't seem to happen with IE.  Normally a reload or another hit on enter fixes it--but @#$^%#%, you're not going to kill IE this way.

Brian Williams
Sunday, June 27, 2004

*  Recent Topics

*  Fog Creek Home