Discussion Board

Asmw PC-Optimizer pro

Excellent collection of utilities
but need some thing :)
http://www.asmwsoft.com

inspintw
Saturday, June 19, 2004

"Remove junk files and zero size files to save valuable disk space;"

So on a 100 gig hard drive, how much space would be taken up by a bunch of "zero size" files?

www.MarkTAW.com
Sunday, June 20, 2004

Innovative System Optimizer

http://www.innovative-sol.com/optimizer/

Dex
Sunday, June 20, 2004

ASMW PC-Optimizer Pro
12:04 AM 7/9/2004
Bugs:

Does not support 1024x768 screen resolution (all screens borders are cut off)

Minimize and Close buttons do not work on many screens. (Must use Taskk Manager to exit program)

Startup Manager lists many programs pointing to erroneous directories and files.  I cannot be trusted to give accurate information.

Fonts Tool cannot show examples of many fonts, such as MS System fonts, e.g. MS Serif, MS SansSerif, etc., thus implying that there is something wrong with these fonts, when in fact they all work just fine.

Ram Optimizer actually REDUCED available RAM, and also caused virtual memory to run so low that system doubled the size of my paging file, thus SLOWING DOWN my system.

Back button doesn't function on Speedup Internet Connection Wizard. 

Fix Invalid Shortcut button appears to click, but nothing happens!  It doesn't try to fix anything.

Fix Registry found 678 problems in my Registry!  PLEASE, I am a computer power user, and I scan my registry at least twice a week with Registry First Aid, and System Suite 5 Registry Cleaner.  My registry appeared to be in perfect health, (other than a few traps that I set to test your software) before I ran Fix Registry.  It reported several hundred false positives, i.e. errors which did not exist, but your program recommended to delete all of them, even though they were all valid links and references in my Registry.  The traps that I set (I moved some program directories to different locations) were all found by your program, but instead of offering me the opportunity to simply redirect the links to their new location, your program blindly recommended that I delete all references to the moved programs.  Fix Registry is by far the worst, and most dangerous registry utility that I have ever seen, and I have evaluated dozens!!!  Anyone who blindly follows the recommendations of your program will probabably render his computer un-bootable.

Protection Tools:  I did not evaluate any of these tools because I cannot trust your software enough to play with encryption or registry settings.

Finally, I could not exit your main screen by clicking the Exit button.  I had to use the three finger salute to get out of your program.

To add insult to injury, your program does NOT change my system settings back to where they were before I tweaked using ASMW PC-Optimizer Pro.

Even more amusing (shame on you people) your software doesn't even uninstall itself cleanly!  When your "We're sorry" screen pops up asking for comments as to why I don't want ASMW PC-Optimizer Pro on my sytem, it CRASHES EVERY TIME!  Therefore, I am sending you this email manually, instead of through your badly flawed software.

What a shame!!!  Based on your overblown comments, I had high hopes for this program.
People, you are promising way more than you are delivering. I rate this program 0 out of 5 stars.

P.S  Don't give up your day job!

Guapo Chuck
Friday, July 09, 2004

*  Recent Topics

*  Fog Creek Home