Fog Creek Software
Discussion Board

Incoming Slashdotters

http://developers.slashdot.org/developers/04/06/16/209202.shtml?tid=109&tid=126&tid=156&tid=185&tid=187&tid=190

THE APEMAN
Wednesday, June 16, 2004

First post !

:)

Old fashioned boy
Wednesday, June 16, 2004

Also known as the "Mongol Tartar Horde"

Anony Coward
Wednesday, June 16, 2004

I was thinking about this just after reading the latest post - JoS seems to withstand Slashdotting quite well - how does it do it?

Walter Rumsby
Wednesday, June 16, 2004

Oh super.  Here comes an onslaught of bad spelling and grammar, elementary school level rhetorical hijinx, sarcasm presented as if it made a point, and posting uninformed by any tradition of mature, reasoned discourse.

Time to take a vacation from JOS.

Bob
Wednesday, June 16, 2004

Slashdot with absolutely no sense of humor == JOS

Moe Hawke
Wednesday, June 16, 2004

Well, really, JOS has had some of the nicest, mildest flame wars I've ever seen.  True, we do descend to religious zealotry from time to time, but largely we avoid the troll-like attack posts I have seen elsewhere.

I assumed this was due to good oversight, more than the participants.  I do enjoy many participant's point of view and sense of humor, though.

AllanL5
Wednesday, June 16, 2004

In Soviet Russia Fogcreek slashdots YOU!

Matthew Lock
Thursday, June 17, 2004

"withstand Slashdotting quite well - how does it do it?"

JOS runs on a Beowulf cluster...

Rob VH
Thursday, June 17, 2004

Slightly OT: Over the last few years I recall a fair amount of critique of the /. mod system -- whether it actually works, is too complex etc.  I've visited Slashdot, like, 3 times this year, as compared to 3 hours a day in 1999, so I don't really have a finger on the pulse of what's happening there.

But, damn, I skimmed the comments on +5 and I was impressed (not hard to do in my case, admittedly).  Does mention of Spolsky on /. effect a temporary troll-echtomy or was it the mod system?

MacSqueeb
Thursday, June 17, 2004

*  Recent Topics

*  Fog Creek Home