Fog Creek Software
Discussion Board

I think I spotted Joel on Channel 9

Joel, are you registered on Channel 9 as the user "yale"? It struck me on seeing one of this user's posts because the font was Georgia 10 point or near, the same font that's used on this site. That apart, the university that Joel graduated from is, well, the Yale University.

So, Joel, was that you?

http://channel9.msdn.com/User/Profile.aspx?UserID=1587

My sixth sense says it is unlikely of Joel to be _cruising_ on Channel 9.

Whitewash Cheklaslovakia
Wednesday, June 16, 2004

I also see Sathyish whats-his-name is a user there (
http://channel9.msdn.com/User/Profile.aspx?UserID=3695 ).

Apparently he's a project lead at a software company, yet in threads below he asks extremely basic programming questions about what's a namespace and how many bytes in a DWORD... is that level of programming knowledge pretty typical for project leads in India?

Outsource Jones
Wednesday, June 16, 2004

<<... is that level of programming knowledge pretty typical for project leads in India? >>>

Cant make generalizations. I have worked under project leads who are morons and i have worked with project leads so brilliant that i havent seen anything like them in US

Anonymous Coward with Valid E Mail
Wednesday, June 16, 2004

Read closer, Outsource Jones.

http://discuss.fogcreek.com/joelonsoftware/default.asp?cmd=show&ixPost=152030&ixReplies=27

Sathyaish Chakravarthy
Wednesday, June 16, 2004

>and how many bytes in a DWORD...

When was it that I asked how many bytes were in a DWORD? Don't make things up.

Sathyaish Chakravarthy
Wednesday, June 16, 2004

Read what closer? "I've once again forgotten how bytes stick together to form words or how words stick to compose a dword"?

Maybe in all honesty, you don't need to know that if all you do is business applications with VB or perl... but it just seems odd that a project lead would admit that. I would hope you don't tell that to your team, let alone your customers!

Outsource Jones
Wednesday, June 16, 2004

Because a good team leader would pretend to know something he doesn't.

Right.

Oren Miller
Wednesday, June 16, 2004

A good team leader would know when it's more important to keep his team and customers' confidence in his abilities, and maybe just quietly learn the basic things he should, but doesn't already know.

Outsource Jones
Wednesday, June 16, 2004

If you know something, that's fine. But when you don't know something, you don't know it.

And now for the bummer. Guys, Sathyaish Chakravarthy, Whitewash <whatever>, the OP, and Outsource Jones are all the same person under different screen identities. So next, from now on, if you have to flame me, please throw it all on Outsource Jones.

Sorry, Outsource Jones, I'd to let you out of my schizophrenic personality.

;-)

Sathyaish Chakravarthy
Wednesday, June 16, 2004

And everyone should know I only appear when the moon is full!

Outsource Jones
Wednesday, June 16, 2004

So this entire thread is the just same guy making fun of himself, then defending himself, for some reason?

Fred
Wednesday, June 16, 2004

"So this entire thread is the just same guy making fun of himself, then defending himself, for some reason?"

And then, apparently, asking himself what he's talking about.

This is getting too [meta]^n for me...

Ward
Wednesday, June 16, 2004

Sathyaish, stop posting as Fred!

Alex
Wednesday, June 16, 2004

I created this forum as a self-centered, ego-centric excercise with an entirely different aim: a forum for myself, wherein I divided myself from myself into my subjects to know how it is to talk to myself.

Now, my avatars are all getting too unweildy. It's better I pull down this forum.

Sathyaish Chakravarthy
Thursday, June 17, 2004

Lemme guess, you even wrote those nonsense articles under the Joel pseudonym to create a decent background for the forum, right?

RP
Thursday, June 17, 2004

>Lemme guess, you even wrote those nonsense articles under the Joel pseudonym to create a decent background for the forum, right?

No. The non-sense ones, no I didn't write them. He wrote them. I only wrote the award-winning ones. And who's you in your post, RP? And, have you heard the MJ number, "You're just another part of me". So shut up, RP! ;-)

On another dimension, did the previous post I made to this thread not suggest authorship of all the articles on the JoS site?

Sathyaish Chakravarthy
Thursday, June 17, 2004

"I created this forum as a self-centered, ego-centric excercise with an entirely different aim: a forum for myself, wherein I divided myself from myself into my subjects to know how it is to talk to myself."

Whoa, dude! You're just like 'Agent Smith' from 'The Matrix'!

Awesome! :-P

Wisea**
Friday, June 18, 2004

*  Recent Topics

*  Fog Creek Home