Fog Creek Software
Discussion Board

Intel IT Management Game

Check it out, it's fun:

http://www.intel.com/corporate/europe/emea/eng/itgame/itgame.htm

Mind you, I have no affiliation with Intel whatsoever, I just came across it today.

By the way, the only way to keep the "employees" happy is to give them laptops. Otherwise they will become very unproductive during a meeting. And by doing that, you take away their desktop machine. Now what the *?

Also, it struck me that every virtual employee has its _own_ machine, while in today's businesses that's not really true (things like the "clean desk" principle come to mind - oh boy).

Anyway, enjoy (you'll have to register, but I used a mailinator.com address -> off topic: why do they still not check for that, it's been around for a long time now...)

Janonymous
Tuesday, June 15, 2004

Is this game like that Yahoo! Game called Lemonade Stand?

Anon
Tuesday, June 15, 2004

Um well, it's a kind of strategy/management game, yes, but it's not about lemonade. Intel doesn't sell lemonade.

Janonymous
Tuesday, June 15, 2004

>> "Intel doesn't sell lemonade."

You're one of the brighter people I know.  I was asking for a comparison of the game's strategies.

Anon
Tuesday, June 15, 2004

Ugh. Registration required.

Thom Lawrence
Tuesday, June 15, 2004

I've never played the lemonade game, so I couldn't say. Selling lemonade seems a little more fun, though. Why would someone make a game of something that is supposed to be boring, like your day job? Oh, yeah, advertising. Nice strategy, but I don't think it'll work. :-D

Try it anyway, you can tell your boss that it's educative.

Janonymous
Tuesday, June 15, 2004

How come the servers never show a load?  Always 0 or 1 clients...

peach pit
Tuesday, June 15, 2004

Registration... oh yes please, sign me up for Intel spam

e
Wednesday, June 16, 2004

What spam? Hint: go to http://www.mailinator.com and check it out. I believe Joel mentioned it some time ago.

Janonymous
Wednesday, June 16, 2004

*  Recent Topics

*  Fog Creek Home