Fog Creek Software
Discussion Board

100 MB on Yahoo Mail, free service

To my surprise I suddenly saw that Yahoo! mail is showing using 1% of 100 MB. The UI's gotten better and there's a button saying 'Search Mail'. A clear case of fighting with GMail.

All in all I'm pretty happy :)

The One You Loved (TOTL)
Tuesday, June 15, 2004

They gave me 2GB cos i'm a paying customer.

one meeeellion dollars!
Tuesday, June 15, 2004

I'm still using both as I've had my Yahoo account for 4 years, so it's hard to give up.

The new UI is nifty.

Unfortunately, now my yahoopops (yahoo email downloader) is unlikely to work.  Arg.

KC
Tuesday, June 15, 2004

My fetchyahoo script fortunately still works. First it didn't, but then I manually logged in on the website, which showed me a screen with some message first. After I clicked it away, I got the normal mail page, and the script started working again.

vrt3
Tuesday, June 15, 2004

Can you hook me up with that script?  I'd love to be able to archive my messages...

ken
Tuesday, June 15, 2004

Go to sourceforge and search for yahoo, there are atleast 2 that are popular and active.

KC
Tuesday, June 15, 2004

Amazing, and yahoo managed to get so much hard drive space in so little time. Yet to think they shrunk the mailbox's a while ago from 6 megs to 4 megs and complained of lack of revenue from banner advertising.
Way to go to Gmail!!!!, competition does work!

Malik
Tuesday, June 15, 2004

Shame that they fucked it up.

If you used the "old style" interface you can no longer get into your mailbox. Twats.

Tuesday, June 15, 2004

Anybody else finding yahoo mail to be really slow today? Is it eveyrbody jumping on and testing it out, do they have some issues, or is it just me?

GersonK
Tuesday, June 15, 2004

I've been trying to get into my Yahoo account all day - to no avail.  I just got to the primary screen but it gacks when I try to view my Inbox...guess they are still working out some wrinkles...Just felt a REALLY big earthquake roll through (I'm in SoCal).

Big Nasty
Tuesday, June 15, 2004

- fetchyahoo is at http://fetchyahoo.twizzler.org/ ; also on that page are links to similar programs.

- Indeed, I couldn't sign in much of the day either yesterday, but it seems to be resolved now.

vrt3
Wednesday, June 16, 2004

*  Recent Topics

*  Fog Creek Home