Fog Creek Software
Discussion Board

JOS Disaster recovery plan...

Ok. I have become addicted to this board. And since it is vital to my mental health, we need a disaster recovery plan.

So, in case this board disappears, where would we all go?

Why would this board disappear. Joel hasn’t posted for weeks, and I fear the worst.

Besides, I am writing a disaster recovery plan for real, and I now want one for all of the important things in my life…

A “bit” tongue in check.

--
ee

eclectic_echidna
Friday, June 11, 2004

The board isn't going anywhere -- whether or not Joel posts.  It now has a life of it's own, and it's probably worth it's virtual weight in gold in free advertising for Fogcreek.

Almost Anonymous
Friday, June 11, 2004

"...where would we all go?"

Disneyland! :-D

Nearly Nameless
Friday, June 11, 2004

outside?

Berlin Brown
Friday, June 11, 2004

Back to the Usenet!

MilesArcher
Friday, June 11, 2004

While many boards on the 'net have run without a helm for years at a time, I fear our God is a vindictive/"take no prisoners" god, and wouldn't give much thought to pulling this board if he felt it best served his business needs (for example, he needs to cut costs and we're bandwidth hogs)

Philo

Philo
Friday, June 11, 2004

This discussion board was really just added because Joel had already made the discussion boards to support his 2 products Citydesk and Fogbugz. So it will probably be around for a little while.

By the way if it's ever pulled we can always set up a new one somewhere else. The only problem would be how to tell everyone?

Philo, I read your blog if the board is ever pulled why don't we agree to look on your site for the link to any new discussion forums to replace this one?

Matthew Lock
Saturday, June 12, 2004

Dexterity software forums.

TomA
Saturday, June 12, 2004

I think it's a little early for panic  - it's only been 2 weeks  since Joel's last post (OK  - it was just the word "Tinderbox"). 

a cynic writes...
Saturday, June 12, 2004

Where is Philo's blog?

Omer Zak
Monday, June 14, 2004

"So, in case this board disappears, where would we all go?"

IF this board disappears it would be exactly because we are ALL here.

Just me (Sir to you)
Monday, June 14, 2004

*  Recent Topics

*  Fog Creek Home