Fog Creek Software
Discussion Board

London JUG

Is anyone here a member of a Sun Java user's group in London?

I've tried emailing the contact emails listed on java.sun.com, but have received no replies.  If anyone is a member, do you have room for an ex-java, now-C++ guy wanting to get back to his old ways?

ta.

Furious George
Friday, June 11, 2004

I am not, but at the only London JoS MeetupI have been to, the attendance was quite small. One of the guys there said it was in sharp contrast to the London Java Meetup, which was very active lively.

Might be a good place to start looking.

Tapiwa
Friday, June 11, 2004

One can just imagine the number of anoraks hanging up in the pub and the steam of almost warm enough beer.

Simon Lucy
Friday, June 11, 2004

Possibly they've all gone to JavaOne this week.
I have to say going to the pub afterwards a LDNUG group meeting is part of the fun. I quite like the fact that the time gap between leaving and the pub shutting is only a couple of hours so I don't get into the "I need another drink" mode and carry on somewhere else, going to a pub in soho at six pm always seems to end up still drinking at 3am.  (Troys is traditional when I go drinking with computer journalists http://www.freakytrigger.co.uk/pumpkin/2003_08_01_pumpkinpublog_archive.html search for Troy on page for a feel of the place)

Peter Ibbotson
Friday, June 11, 2004

Often hear that the Agile groups are lively too. Not my shtick though. ;)

Tayssir John Gabbour
Friday, June 11, 2004

*  Recent Topics

*  Fog Creek Home