Fog Creek Software
Discussion Board

Joel on software meet at teched europe

Assuming my alternative credit card doesn't get blocked I'm off to TechEd in europe, anyone fancy meeting up for drinks?

Peter Ibbotson
Monday, June 07, 2004

I wonder if there'd ever be a JoS meet up in India sometime. I feverishly, fiendishly fancy meeting all fellow JoSers.

As a side note, when you guys meet the next time, could you please take some close up pics and post them here on the board like one guy did on his blog recently?

Sathyaish Chakravarthy
Monday, June 07, 2004

Sathyaish 

Where are you in India? Bangalore?

Anon
Monday, June 07, 2004

"I feverishly, fiendishly fancy meeting all fellow JoSers."

But why? to discuss whether Ms has a chance agains google or vise versa? or why Gates is supporting Bush?

Jason
Monday, June 07, 2004

--->why Gates is supporting Bush? .

Is he?. What do programmers in US who are eligible to vote think of Bush. Does he have a chance?

Anon
Monday, June 07, 2004

Dear Anon

For your reference:

http://www.wired.com/news/politics/0,1283,63422,00.html

Jason
Monday, June 07, 2004

anon you wanna know the reason for Gate's support:

http://news.ft.com/servlet/ContentServer?pagename=FT.com/StoryFT/FullStory&c=StoryFT&cid=1086445482213

Peace loving person
Monday, June 07, 2004

"Is he?. What do programmers in US who are eligible to vote think of Bush. Does he have a chance? "

He has more than just a chance. Take a truckload of salt with the image the international media portrays the popularity of Bush at home. To read some of the papers in Europe, one would think that 90% of Americans are arming for revolt to forcibly remove him from office. While the truth is the country is pretty much evenly split between those who like George Bush, and those who hate him enough to force themselves to vote for Kerry.

That Wired article seems to have left out how much money those same execs gave to Kerry. Just because someone gives $2K to Bush, doesn't mean they didn't give the same amount of money to Kerry. In fact, history has shown that CEO's tend to be very pragmatic about political contributions and often support both sides in an almost equal fashion.

X
Monday, June 07, 2004

News flash:

Majority of American people are plain stupid, ignorant and have lost touch with reality. That's why their government can bang them left and the right. They don't even feel the fucking pain.

Gotta love America
Tuesday, June 08, 2004

Also don't believe that people who work in tech sectors are any better. They are even worse.

America is in sad state of affairs. Land of opportunities is now the land of fucked up opportunities. American dreams is now American fucked up dreams.

Go fucking figure!

Gotta love America
Tuesday, June 08, 2004

Anon,

I stay in Delhi but I work 42 km away in the National Capital Region (NCR) in a software development concern in the township of Noida, which is strictly speaking a part of the state of Uttar Pradesh. I commute up and down daily.

Sathyaish Chakravarthy
Tuesday, June 08, 2004

*  Recent Topics

*  Fog Creek Home