Fog Creek Software
Discussion Board

Men are from foo, women are from bar

HER DIARY

Sunday night I thought he was acting weird. We had made plans to meet at a bar to have a drink. I was shopping with my friends all day long, so I thought he was upset at the fact that I was a bit late, but he made no comment. Conversation wasn't flowing so I suggested that we go somewhere quiet so we could talk, he agreed but he kept quiet and absent. I asked him what was wrong - he said, "Nothing." I asked him if it was my fault that he was upset. He said it had nothing to do with me and not to worry. On the way home I told him that I loved him, he simply smiled and kept driving. I can't explain his behavior; I don't know why he didn't say, "I love you, too."

When we got home I felt as if I had lost him, as if he wanted nothing to do with me anymore. He just sat there and watched T.V.; he seemed distant and absent. Finally I decided to go to bed. About 10 minutes later he got up and went to sleep on the sofa. I still felt that he was distracted and his thoughts were somewhere else. I decided that I could not take it anymore, so I decided to confront him with the situation but he had fallen asleep. I started crying and cried until I too fell asleep. I don't know what to do. I'm almost sure that his thoughts are with someone else. My life is a disaster.

HIS DIARY

Today, We lost the cricket match.

Sathyaish Chakravarthy
Friday, June 04, 2004

Oh, it's weekend already... Dang how time flies.

A Dingo Ate My Baby
Friday, June 04, 2004

Let me clarify two things:

(1) I was reading in between there were some stupid posts around the weekend, and I didn't make those. Honest! Mother swear. I read some of the guys were saying, "its weekend". I wouldn't just post gobbledegook.

(2) A more important clarification. If you're going to ask what this has to do with software, then let me tell you it's a highly relevant thread. It's got Foo and Bar.

:-)

Sathyaish Chakravarthy
Friday, June 04, 2004

This website will cheer you up:

http://www.wingmusic.co.nz/listen.html

Lou D'Acriss
Friday, June 04, 2004

Ooh, male/female stereotypes.  That's a refreshing change from programmer/manager stereotypes, or the very tired programmers-have-no-people-skills one.  Maybe I should do some ethnic ones...

Asok
Friday, June 04, 2004

Women are from Chrysler, Men are from GM.

Da Car Guys
Friday, June 04, 2004

I'm still laughing from the Phantom of the Opera.

Matthew Lock
Friday, June 04, 2004

Africans are from Africa, and Indians are from India.

Tapiwa
Saturday, June 05, 2004

Is this chick for real? I fell off my chair listening to "Castle on a Cloud" (kassal on a klau).

Alex
Saturday, June 05, 2004

Except the Indians who are from America.

T. Norman
Saturday, June 05, 2004

Get a load of "Dream Lover"!

Man this is ROTFL to the highest degree...

Alex
Saturday, June 05, 2004

William Hung has competition.

T. Norman
Saturday, June 05, 2004

Sathyaish Chakravarthy, That is a hilarious story and so true. Did you find that somewhere and are repposting it or did you write it yourself?

Dennis Atkins
Saturday, June 05, 2004

In the book store last night, I found a book filled with "Dear John" breakup letters. I don't remember the name, but know exactly where to find it in the 65th Street & Broadway Barnes & Noble.

www.MarkTAW.com
Saturday, June 05, 2004

Does this mean you're planning on breaking up with your boyfriend MarkTAW?

Don't send him a letter you found in a book. Do it in person.

Jorel on Software
Sunday, June 06, 2004

No, Dennis. I didn't write it myself. I got it in my email from an old friend.

Sathyaish Chakravarthy
Sunday, June 06, 2004

This was in a car magazine that I bought this weekend...

Dear Tech Support:
Last year I upgraded from Boyfriend 5.0 to Husband 1.0 and noticed that the new program began making unexpected changes to the accounting modules, limiting access to flower and jewelry applications that had operated flawlessly under Boyfriend 5.0.
In addition, Husband 1.0 uninstalled many other valuable programs, such as Romance 9.9, but installed undesirable programs such as NFL 5.0 and NBA 3.0. Conversation 8.0 no longer runs and HouseCleaning 2.6 simply crashes the system. I've tried running Nagging 5.3 to fix these problems, but to no avail.

--Desperate

Dear Desperate,

Keep in mind, Boyfriend 5.0 is an entertainment package, while Husband 1.0 is an operating system.

Try to enter the command: C:/ I THOUGHT YOU LOVED ME and install Tears 6.2. Husband 1.0
should then automatically run the applications: Guilty 3.0 and Flowers 7.0. But remember,
overuse can cause Husband 1.0 to default to GrumpySilence 2.5, Happyhour 7.0 or Beer 6.1.

Beer 6.1 is a very bad program that will create "Snoring Loudly" wave files. DO NOT install MotherInLaw 1.0 or reinstall another Boyfriend program. These are not supported applications and will crash Husband 1.0.

In summary, Husband 1.0 is a great program, but it does have limited memory and cannot
learn new applications quickly. Consider buying additional software to improve performance.
I personally recommend HotFood 3.0 and Lingerie 5.3

-- Tech Support

Tapiwa
Monday, June 07, 2004

Uninstall Husband 1.0 or Wife 2.0. Format C:.  Install any one of the Free Sex flavours. It is free as in speech for the ladies and free as in beer for the menfolk,

Monday, June 07, 2004

*  Recent Topics

*  Fog Creek Home