Fog Creek Software
Discussion Board

Objectz.NET

Disclaimer: I do NOT work for these people but I do LOVE their product.

Although, I kind of wish I did work w/ the mind(s) that create this quality of product. Has anyone else out there expiremented w/ this O/R mapper? If you're a O/R zealout (if you're not, you will be within this decade; I promise), what do you think of it?

I'm finding it beautifully simple to use with that very hard to achieve "balance of power" that I need. You bet it doesn't do everything as some of its competitors do, but it does everything I need (which is why that got my, or my company's, $99). I'm a bit troubled that the company (MongooseSolutions) hasn't been as active in the forums as they used to be (maybe they're "going away" or something), but in the meantime its a great product while it's here . . .

If you haven't played w/ it and you find yourself growing EXTREMELY tired of writing your own DAL, SQL, hydrating your business objects and/or disappointed by the delay of ObjectSpaces; I *strong* suggest you try it!

http://www.mongoosesolutions.com/mg/objectz_net.aspx

Anon
Thursday, June 03, 2004

Probably they're busy in improving their product. Just preparing for the competition against ObjectSpaces. :p

Green Pajamas
Thursday, June 03, 2004

If you're going to advertise on forums, at least try to improve your grammar.

muppet from electric-chipmunk
Thursday, June 03, 2004

nice advertisement beach.

Anon
Thursday, June 03, 2004

Hmmm. Which one of you is the millionaire Anon?

Green Pajamas
Thursday, June 03, 2004

Too bad their e-commerce site sucks.  How do you know what license you need!? 

GiorgioG
Thursday, June 03, 2004

If I were advertising, why would I mention my company hasn't been responsive in my own forums?

Anon
Thursday, June 03, 2004

I also don't get it. Sometimes you are just so happy with some product or service that you want everyone else to know about that. That doesn't necessarily mean that you are adverstising. But still its best to avoid openly expressing your joy. You should have rephrased it differently.

Green Pajamas
Thursday, June 03, 2004

Except for the last "you", I was talking about "you" in general.

Green Pajamas
Thursday, June 03, 2004

I tried to d/l the free edition, but the server invariably drops the connection at somewhere between 1 and 2MB downloaded, and it won't resume downloads. Most irritating.

So I Googled and found an earlier version on Borland's site. But when I tried to do something simple with that, it threw some exception about an ADO component not being able to initialize. Not mentioned in the help files, nor in the forums. Looks good on paper, but so far not impressing me one bit.

Dave Hallett
Friday, June 04, 2004

*  Recent Topics

*  Fog Creek Home