[W2KSP4] Fails going to stand-by mode more than on
I reinstalled my W2KSP4 at home, and added an Alcatel Ethernet ADSL modem + RASPPoE along with a bunch of network-related utilities (Automachron, NoIP DUC to use a dynamic DNS, etc.)
I noticed that standby and hibernate modes worked well on a Dell Optiplex that I got an not on my self build and random part pc's.
Thx, but it worked fine on the same host before I scratched it and reinstalled the same version of Windows :-) Bah, after trial and error, I'll get to the bottom of this.
Thx R1ch for the link :-) I had read it before posting, but I wish I could do away with all this testing to isolate the issue. Looks like I'll have to bite the bullet.
You'll have to go through every device driver. When W2000 came out you had to upgrade form Adaptec Direct CD 2.5 to Diirect CD 3.0 but it wasn't until version 3.5 that you could put the computer into standby.
Fog Creek Home