Fog Creek Software
Discussion Board

why can't I browse old topics?

Hmm, it is Apr 7 and it seems that the forums have been so active that the "Recent Topics" page shows topics no further back than Mar 31; which is unfortunate, since I wanted to see the discussions that invariably erupted from Joel's last post on language support for RDBMS, which seemed to suggest adding even more support for the anti-patter of sprinkling one's code with raw SQL.  :)

Is this lack of history a feature, or am I (probably) just too dumb to find the link that will let me browse older topics.

John Lindsey
Wednesday, April 07, 2004

The only way I know to browse old topics is to search in google.

Having said that, I do actually know that month by month summaries exist, except google is the only way that I know to get to them.

Aussie Chick

They are all here, check it out.

http://www.usabilitymustdie.com/jos/

Richard Sunarto

Joel believes this chat is like a conversation. Say it & let it go.

www.MarkTAW.com

"""Say it & let it go"""

Then of course, someone new comes in, brings up something we've already conversed, and gets yelled out of the conversation.

We've already talked about that. Knock it off.

Philo

Philo

This topic itself is as old as the forum. I wouldn't be surprised if it was the very next topic once a post got booted off the bottom. It will probably be the last topic when the forum dies.

www.MarkTAW.com

And then someone comes along with a pithy quotation

What a good thing Adam had. When he said a good thing, he knew nobody had said it before.
-- Mark Twain

Tapiwa

JOS Statistics: 1,890 active members, commenting on 7,580 items, with 115,655 comments, of 10,135,032 words
(members are classed as active if they have posted a message within the previous 60 days)

Now 10 million words is quite a lot, it's about 1.5 bibles worth.

Chris McEvoy
Thursday, April 08, 2004

*  Recent Topics

*  Fog Creek Home