Fog Creek Software
Discussion Board

Internet Optimizer problem

Hi All,

When I type any link(Internet Explorer browser) I also find a popup window along with it.  My google toolbar is unable to stop this popup.

I searched in the google and found that this problem can be solved by removing internet optimizer, powerscan, belt.exe softwares from the system via control panel->add remove programs, or via deleting those keys in the registry or by finding the file stored in the hard-disk and deleting it manually.

I did all the above steps still I get this annoying popup.

There is some anti-parasite software available for free download but I am afraid whether they will delete some system files also along with their search for spy software.

Please help me removing this annoying spyware.

Thanks in anticipation

s p
Tuesday, December 23, 2003

Spybot search & destroy (google).

Pucko

Mozilla.

Mayor McCheese

If

(you using MSIE) then you == stupid

end If

Mayor McCheese

I second to the opinions above; use another browser - I use Mozilla Firebird. Once you are used to tabbed browsing, extensions such as a flash stopper, the adblocker, you will never want to use Internet Explorer again

Mark Tetrode

Why would you want to stop Flash?

Ankur

That isn't written in MS Visual Basic now, is it?

TheManWhoWouldBeKing

Flash is mostly used for adds these days.. atleast where Im surfing..

Eric DeBois

Nice to see that JoelOnSoftware has turned into Slashdot....

And while I like MozillaFirebird and am glad that there is a browser that is actually innovating it is not ready for prime time yet.  Furthermore there can many places in an internet/intranet users regular travels that don't let moz in...

That being said the Spybot Search and Destroy -  http://www.safer-networking.org/ - and AdAware -  http://www.lavasoft.de/ - run them both should remove any spyware you have.

K

Sorry guys a lot of corporate apps don't work in mozilla

the artist formerly known as prince

for instance the forward JS function seems to work different

the artist formerly known as prince

I'll 3rd Spybot and Ad Aware. Be sure to get the updates, there's a bug in the definitions that come with Spybot that causes it to freeze if you don't.

I now use Mozilla Firebird or Opera except where either I'm forced to use IE, or where I want to have a history and cookies (such as this forum).

All this "some sites don't work in IE" is just sillyness. They're not mutually exclusive. Just switch back if you have to. It takes 2 seconds.

www.MarkTAW.com

Yeah, its not like you can remove IE, is it? :D

Eric DeBois

I hardly ever use IE anymore.  Firebird is pretty hot software.  Certainly the best mozilla based release yet.

christopher baus (www.baus.net)

Yea, I'm gettin this gay problem too.  It also directs me to its gay site on several urls I go to offten.  I'm gonan update my spy ware programs then scan.  hey isn't this stuff illegal?

Terry M
Saturday, March 13, 2004

Ma this is driving me nuts...why isnt this made illegal...I shall file suit .....goddamit...these bastards think they can do anything....and meanwhile you guys out there ...suggest a solution if u ca...need n call any laymen users fools....u ppl talk abt chemicals&pharma ...lets see if u don make fools of urselves

Yesu
Saturday, April 17, 2004

*  Recent Topics

*  Fog Creek Home