Fog Creek Software
Discussion Board

Tits up?

As we haven't heard from Joel is it safe to assume that the move has not gone as smoothly as anticipated? In fact it may have gone decidedly tits up.

Inquring minds need to know
Wednesday, September 24, 2003

Interestingly enough, I just received Joel's email about a new article - and it's about the move...

See http://www.joelonsoftware.com/articles/BionicOffice.html for the article.

It's, as usual, an excellent article (even though I don't know if I agree with everything).

RocketJeff

BionicOffice has some great ideas, I think, even if you're just doing a home office.  I like the wood floors.  Some of the bright wall colors may seem dated eventually, though.

And I'm wondering whose orange iBook that is, further proving my point from an earlier thread that Apple has the "computer as fashion prop" market all sewn up, even in exclusively Windows software shops. :)

Jim Rankin

I like the huge, long desk with the outlet trough and windows. The wood floors, snake tray, and plasma TV are also nice touches. The window into your neighbor's office is a little dubious as are the wall colors. The royal blue wall looked okay, but the light blue and green walls will get annoying fast. I like the light from the translucent walls, but don't care to see exposed wall studs. I admit, though, that anything would be better than the Office Space cube farm I'm in now though.

StickyWicket

Working from the luxury of my basement office with it's exposed cider blocks and stud walls, the translucent walls look absolutely normal to me. From an appearance angle, they look like heck, but I do like the light benefits. Of course, to do that I just move the laptop out onto the deck.

Of course I'm paying 1200 a month per programmer for such luxuries. But I can blast the music as loud as I like, and the bar is kept stocked.

Clay Dowling

excessive for a startup, but that's just my opinion.

christopher baus

*  Recent Topics

*  Fog Creek Home