Fog Creek Software
Discussion Board

Cool CityDesk movie

I loved the movie you created for CityDesk 2.0, I have some comments and a question.

I thought it was great, but I have not yet decided to try out CityDesk ... it seems a bit complicated for me to get going. Now if there was a QuickStart Movie I could watch (like your 2.0 demos) then I would probably/certainly give it a go. It lets me *see* how easy it is to create a simple site and what I need to do, to do it.

The other question, I was impressed so much by the quality I want to use it for our products. Which begs the question: What microphone did you use to create the Audio?

Dan Petitt
Monday, September 08, 2003

*cough* Google *cough*

http://www.joelonsoftware.com/news/20030214.html

Tom (a programmer)

The Shure SM58 (the one Joel used) and the Beta 58a are great mics; I've been using them for live music for years and recommend them highly.

You would also get excellent sound from the slightly cheaper Shure SM57; I've used that for voice as well.

Brad

Thanks guys

Dan Petitt

You should really give CityDesk a shot - its not hard to get going at all. In fact, its probably one of the easiest products to 'get going' I have ever used!

Daniel S
Tuesday, September 09, 2003

I will do, I have found a getting started movie so will watch that and give it a go.

Thanks all.

Dan Petitt
Tuesday, September 09, 2003

*  Recent Topics

*  Fog Creek Home