Fog Creek Software
Discussion Board

Decent data grid in VB6?

Can anybody recommend a decent data grid control for use in a VB6 project?  I'd like to find a redistributable one with individual cell coloring, combo and check boxes, for an app that may be run on ancient Windows 95 boxen.  Bonus points if it's bundled with a *usable* reporting system.  (=

Sam Livingston-Gray
Tuesday, August 26, 2003

http://www.janusys.com/janus/library

__
Tuesday, August 26, 2003

Wow.  Control looks interesting, but that's the most annoying use of frames I've seen in a while.

Sam Livingston-Gray
Tuesday, August 26, 2003

Been using ComponentOne's VSFlexGrid for a couple of years now. Very good.

And it works flawlessly inside an ActiveX object ;-)

Frederic Faure
Tuesday, August 26, 2003

S-Grid from vbaccelerator is excellent, and free too.

Israel Orange
Tuesday, August 26, 2003

http://www.componentone.com/products.aspx?ProductCode=1&ProductID=3

Matthew
Tuesday, August 26, 2003

I've been using FarPoint's Spread control for about 3 years. It has most of the features you mention, with the exception of the reporting tool. I'm still on an old version. It had the features I need (most of the ones you want) 3 years ago, and I haven't seen a really compelling feature in the new releases. They also ship versions for .NET, so they're apparently still working on the control.

Rob VH
Wednesday, August 27, 2003

I second VSFlexgrid from Component One.  We own the whole Activex Suite but VSFlexgrid is the most used.

Wayne

Yeah, I'll probably go with their suite.  I'm having an odd problem with their grid, but not with a feature I *have* to have -- and it's possible they'll fix it once I buy it.  They also include a lot of very useful controls I wouldn't have bought separately, but which it's going to be nice to have (like the resizer, for one), and since I also need to do charting, it looks like a pretty good deal.

Sam Livingston-Gray

*  Recent Topics

*  Fog Creek Home