Fog Creek Software
Discussion Board

alternatives to sharepoint

what are some other windows based intranet systems?

I'm already very familiar with most of the non-windows based offerings...i need to do some research on intranet software that runs on windows. right now i've been evaluating sharepoint 1.0, sharepoint beta 2. I'm wondering what else I should be looking at.

thanks!

Thursday, August 21, 2003

Are you just needing a system to build intranet portal pages, or are you needing to the document management capabilities that SharePoint has?

Mark Hoffman

more along the lines of portal pages. I don't need to deal with document workflow. however I do like the "my site" feature of sharepoint 2.0. I want each user to have a personalized view.

i've investigated some of the asp.net starter kits and they seem like a good start if I have to write this from scratch. however, I would like to know what else is out there.

the company i just started with uses CommandBridge.  I am (in the next week or so) going to get heavy into making modules for it.  I have some SharePoint experience (about 1.5 yrs ago) and I'd be happy to let you know more about it as time goes on...

http://www.commandbridge.com/

nathan

Just use a Wiki.

Robert Chevallier

I second the Wiki.

Giovanni Corriga

Nathan, why your company chose CommandBridge?

Alex McCall

i don't know.  i came on board about 2 weeks ago, and they had already made the decision.  i have not done more than the cursory inspection of it, but i hope it's not bad...

if people are interested, i post more as i learn about it.

nathan
Friday, August 22, 2003

*  Recent Topics

*  Fog Creek Home