Fog Creek Software
Discussion Board

Best place/position to read technical books?

Where do most nerds read technical books? I use to read in bed a lot however I find this hurts my back. If anyone here does read in bed, do you do so on your stomach or your back?

Does anyone like to read at coffee shops, I find the noise distracting.

Thanks,

Adam

PS: I could see how this could be considered off-topic, so I would not begrudge Joel for removing it.

Adam
Wednesday, August 20, 2003

Fragment: on the clock, at work, in the conference room.

--
ee

eclectic_echidna

Anywhere I can.  In bed I switch from back to each side. 

Favorite is in the park under a tree.

_*_

Usually suspended from the golden bridge with the support of a genetically enhanced spider web.

Obvious Man

Toilet.

*grin*

Luxury is a BIG bookshelf in easy reach.

HeWhoMustBeConfused

In a big old recliner chair. Those papasan chairs are pretty comfortable too.

Darren Collins
Thursday, August 21, 2003

Outside on a nice breezy evening with a tall glass of water seated on a comfortable bench with my laptop within reach.

Guy Incognito

Anywhere I can.

I find the most effective reading is when I have a short window of time to do it in. If I have 15 minutes until I need to leave for work, I get more reading done with greater comprehensive and retention than I would in 30 minutes of relaxation time.

readaholic

It depends on what I'm reading, but I find that for truly technical reading, I get the most out of it by sitting by the computer so I can wing around and try the examples, modify them, test my understanding, etc.

But I never seem to have as much time to read as when I'm travelling, so I'll have to also add airport terminals and planes.

Rob H

missionary

pdq

Asian Cowgirl.

Clutch Cargo

*  Recent Topics

*  Fog Creek Home